Agile Coach, Black Diamond
Join the company ranked #1 on the list of Best Places to Work in Jacksonville and Northeast Florida. Advent Software, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking an Agile Project Manager with excellent analytical and communication skills for our office in Jacksonville, Florida. S/he will join our Platform Team and be responsible for all aspects of moving our product offering forward. A qualified candidate must have the ability to perform in a fast-paced and agile environment. Innovating, collaborating, and executing with a sense of urgency and team focus is of utmost importance in this role.
- Develop and enforce the Black Diamond Agile practices and values in order to drive the highest quality product for our clients
- Organize and lead key meetings including planning, daily stand-ups, reviews and retrospectives
- Efficiently remove or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right people or process to remove the roadblock
- Facilitate growth across multiple agile teams by fostering an environment of continual improvement, coaching the teams to higher levels of performance, at a sustainable pace
- Build an innovative and trusting environment with an emphasis on teamwork, problem solving and doing the right thing
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Provide consistent and objective feedback - including comprehensive development metrics - to product and development leadership.
- High energy, enthusiastic personality
- Excellent communication skills with ability to adjust to different situations and personalities.
- Significant interest in continual process, team and self-improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience Agile project manager
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand other processes and methodologies and speak intelligently about them
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments made by a development team
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics and task definition
- Demonstrated ability to guide teams in removing impediments
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and Agile software tools.
At Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) wellbeing. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and deep commitment to giving back to the communities where we live and work. Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
Advent Software is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls please.