Advent University Trainer
SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a Trainer to join the Advent University team. This position can be based in Jacksonville, FL or San Francisco.
As a Trainer on the Advent University team, you will create and deliver Web-based and in-person product training to Advent Software’s employees and clients. Advent University is the platform for easily accessible, comprehensive training that inspires curiosity and invites participation from the entire Advent community.
- Create and deliver training to SS&C Advent employees and clients to promote effective use of Moxy and related products.
- Understand and train on the configuration and implementation steps required for the successful set-up and use of our software.
- Understand and train on trading workflows in the software.
- Contribute to creation and maintenance of training materials, classes, and assessments delivered to internal and external clients.
- Deliver training virtually and in-person through Web based training, conferences, and regional client events.
- Responsible for conducting educational needs assessments with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct a workflow review to understand procedures and systems for more efficient use of our software.
- Responsible for creating and updating content on our collaboration site, Confluence, to provide visibility to team, internal trainees, and stakeholders on current projects.
- Remain current with educational technologies; and be responsible for learning and adopting new technologies as needed.
- Travel as needed to other office locations or client sites for meetings or to deliver training. Expect 20-30% travel each year.
- Three to five years’ experience in corporate training or trading/investment management experience required.
- Professional training/learning program(s) development and delivery skills are required.
- Proven ability to lead and deliver multiple major educational offerings is required.
- Proven ability to learn technology quickly and translate that knowledge into training.
- Functional understanding and practical knowledge of the financial services industry and roles within investment management firms preferred.
- Superior relationship management skills to foster success when collaborating with individuals or departments regarding education and training initiatives is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, specifically an ability to engage an audience on training topics to solidify adoption of products.
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to execute on strategic initiatives required.
- Strong facility with Microsoft Office 2010 and above applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The following qualifications are advantageous and preferred:
- Experience with SS&C Advent products, specifically Moxy.
- Experience with Camtasia studio or other recording applications.
- Experience with Adobe Frame or similar publishing software.
- Experience using virtual machine platforms such as VMware platforms, Skytap, or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with SQL, Windows Servers, Networking, VMware, and/or Citrix
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls please.