SS&C Innovest seeks a System Engineer. Apply your cutting-edge skills to support a powerful suite of products serving the financial services industry.
With offices in New York, Texas and California, SS&C Innovest specializes in trust, wealth management, payments, unique and hard-to-value assets, securities operations, and information systems.
As a member of the Information Technology Team, the successful candidate will act independently under the Director of Information Technology Infrastructure direction.
Provide systems support for operations of the SS&C Payment Division and ensure the stable operation of the on-premises and cloud-based system resources. This duty includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining/administrating, and optimizing infrastructure and its components.
Diagnose standard issues with SS&C Payments production equipment, including printers, network devices, and servers. Work closely with the Service Desk ticketing program process to resolve issues and close tickets. Provide updates, and maintain team knowledge base.
Monitor system resource use. Provide ongoing trend analysis for determining current needs and future resource requirements. Assert recommendation to management on system upgrades, vendor products, and system enhancements. Research, recommend, and implement changes to enhance system security. Initiate, test, and produce implementation plans for management.
This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve system issues within the team, including:
- Daily administration and management of the infrastructure and system availability, including performance checks, security monitoring, and connectivity checks.
- Management of physical and data security.
- Provide assistance as needed to developers and management to implement projects and service customer applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system and application support cases.
- Provide backup support for Senior System Engineer.
- Assure that equipment and software systems are adequately protected against potential physical and data security violations.
- Document IT-related policies, procedures, and system diagrams
- Maintain all backup infrastructure resources and confirm that all critical production systems are replicated or backed up. Recover any system failures.
- Occasional travel to other sites.
In order to perform the assigned duties effectively, the candidate must meet the knowledge and experience requirements listed below.
- Proven track record with a minimum of three years of experience covering all aspects of system administration of servers, workstations, storage, and network structures
- Experience with hardware (e.g.., routers, switches, servers, printers, and other various peripheral devices)
- Software and system skills: Microsoft Windows Systems, including Active Directory administration, Server 2016/19 support. Experience with server functions and features, including DNS, DHCP, IIS, Exchange, SharePoint
- Knowledge of Red Hat Linux servers, including administration and system troubleshooting
- Experience with VMware vSphere administration and configuration
- Conceptual knowledge of the backup process and its management
- Knowledge of cloud structures and services, including Office 365 suite
- Competency of network structures, including LANs and WANs, switches, routers, NIPS/NIDS, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, TCP/IP OSI model, SNMP, FTP, and network performance monitoring tools
- Knowledge of printer administration and support, including printer configuration and hardware troubleshooting
- Experience with storage structures such as SAN, NAS, and RAID Arrays.
- Competency in system documentation and ability to analyze, interpret and present research findings into clear, concise reports
- Ability to think critically – Use logic and analysis to identify the potential enhancements and flaws in security measures
- Must work on-site; very little telecommuting permitted.
- Must be comfortable working in a highly critical, fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Must possess a current and valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Must be flexible in schedule to support department needs.
The equivalent of a Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science or closely related field.
Any of the following certifications are desirable: Microsoft, Linux, Vmware, Cloud, and Security.SS&C is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.