SS&C Advent . (NASDAQ:SSNC), where highly skilled professionals power the market in automated solutions for investment professionals, is currently seeking a highly motivated Custom Engineer at our office in Oslo. Advent’s quality software, data, services and tools enable financial professionals to improve service and communication to their clients, allowing them to grow their business while controlling costs. Advent is the only financial services software company to be awarded the Service Capability and Performance certification for being a world-class support and services organization.
Provide critical solutions to Advent Software's EMEA financial services industry clients by the creation, delivery and support of customizations. Following an extensive and formal training program, Custom Engineer work closely with clients, Advent team members and other resources from within the company.
Custom Engineering Services is responsible for the creation, delivery and support of customizations that meet client expectation according to specifications drawn up in a collaborative process between the engineer and the client. This may include consulting, analysis, development and quality assurance.
- Provide custom engineering services for clients across EMEA. These services cover modification and development of software specified by the services organisation.
- Assist Advent EMEA services organisation with knowledge of IT software development skill sets and consultancy.
- Create technical documentation for custom engineering items.
- Support already developed items.
- Train and learn on product changes and new technologies relevant for building custom engineering items.
- Manage and utilizes outsourcing resources.
- Project manage custom solutions in implementation projects.
Building on a candidate’s strong client support and analytical skills, Advent provides training which covers the securities industry, PC, database and networking technologies, and Advent's portfolio management and reporting products including tools used for creating customizations.
The work is challenging and rewarding, presenting a new challenge every day. The work flow is fast paced and requires the ability to adapt to different challenges and priorities.
Why work for Advent?
- Experience and Stability
- 30 years of successfully providing mission critical, reliable, trusted solutions to investment management organizations of all sizes.
- 4,500 clients worldwide with over $16 trillion managed with our systems.
- Global AND local
- Headquartered in San Francisco with offices located in San Francisco, Jacksonville, New York, Boston, London, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Zürich, Stockholm, Oslo, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Beijing.
- Commitment to innovation, which is inspired by client and industry needs.
- Consistently investing a healthy percentage of revenue in R&D
- Advent was in 2009 awarded ‘Best Technology Provider’ by HFMWeek and ‘Global Securities Services Technology Vendor of the Year’ for the second consecutive year by International Custody & Fund Administration Magazine (ICFA).
- Ranked in the top 20 on the list of 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times.
- Recognized by CRO Magazine as one of the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens with regard to corporate responsibility and business ethics.
What Advent Offers
Advent EMEA’s trademark is a positive, international and challenging working environment. At Advent you will meet a team-oriented and highly social group of people. We offer a competitive remuneration package, continuous training & development, and a lot of fun!
If this career opportunity interests you, please apply today.
About Advent Software
For 30 years, Advent Software has been providing reliable, trusted solutions to investment management organisations of all sizes and strategies across the US, Europe, Middle East and Africa. Advent, now with clients in 60 different countries, has established itself as a leading provider of software solutions for investment management around the world. Advent’s EMEA operation has been growing rapidly since 1998 and now has over 165 clients across the region and seven offices supporting the growing client base. Advent’s solutions span trading & order management, portfolio management & reporting, client relationship management and real-time portfolio accounting. Please visit our web-site (www.advent.com) for further information about Advent and our solutions.
By registering your details with Advent Software, you agree that the data you submit and any subsequent data obtained in relation to it including, but not confined to, any information obtained from interviews, tests or references, may be used by Advent Software, Inc. to process your employment application. You agree that Advent Software, Inc. may retain this information for a reasonable period of time for reference purposes and to put you forward for any other vacancies suitable to your profile. You agree that it is your responsibility to update your details held on this system; however Advent will from time to time request, via email, that you update your details. As Advent is a global company your data will be transferred and available internationally, including in countries which do not have privacy laws. However, Advent seeks to protect your personal data by complying with the principles of the EU Data Protection Directive. You have a right to see and correct your data, which you can do at any time via http://careers.advent.com. If you have any queries or wish Advent to delete your profile please email staffing AT advent.com