Engagement Manager, Advent Professional Services
SS&C Technologies, Inc. provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence. We deliver mission-critical processing for information management, analysis, trading, accounting, reporting and compliance.
SS&C was founded in 1986 by William C. Stone and publicly listed on the NASDAQ (SSNC). Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia.
Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise.
SS&C Advent Professional Services (AOS) is responsible for providing implementation capability around our core software solutions. The group services a variety of clients with complex investment portfolios covering equities, bonds, repos, FX, exchange-traded derivatives and extensive OTC derivative books. The activities done include implementation of a full lifecycle management following trade execution including trade capture, data enrichment, confirmations, trade export, reconciliations, valuations, payments and settlement, collateral management, client reporting, regulatory reporting, dealing with third parties (custodians, independent investment managers, market and performance. utilities, fund accountants, data providers, trade repositories, ARMs etc..), client-specific accounting and sometimes a wide range bespoke services to help our clients be successful when using any Advent product.
Clients are located across Europe, Middle East and APAC and are often global in their investment servicing needs. Usually clients purchase our software to fit their needs and in most cases address particularly bespoke and challenging workflows, as such they need a team comprises of a highly professional and experienced group with real-world expertise in the Advent core solutions. The services provided are done so using sophisticated software.
This is a position for an Engagement Manager for the Professional Services team. The person needs to be experienced, capable and knowledgeable about software implementation process and able to work well with clients and team members in the office and in external locations to ensure successful client delivery and help drive client experience. Experience should include services operations with ideally an experience of managing projects and resources. The role will be conducted within our core Professional Services team overseeing our ad-hoc projects as well as upgrades and implementations of the Advent product suite to a number of existing clients. The role may also focus on the implementation of new clients and everything that comes with that onboarding process meaning that learning of the entire process and detailed knowledge of the clients’ requirements will be key.
The position will take responsibility for
- Ensuring service quality provided to the clients that have ongoing projects.
- Overseeing projects working with key resources within the professional services team to ensure a smooth delivery
- Be able to communicate clearly to our clients and help to ensure that the correct expectations are being set throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Ensuring all processing and other services provided to the client are kept at a high-level standard.
- Supporting daily operations of our professional services team and working closely with other Operations team members.
- Earning and maintaining good working relationships with the clients, the service is provided to.
- Building and maintaining good relationships with the Professional Services team at different locations and collaborating with them to enhance and build on the services we deliver to our clients.
- Track client satisfaction on all project and report on trends and enhancements to help improve service delivery.
- Being the main client contact thought out the project life cycle.
- Working with the rest of Advent, to help support our clients and prospective clients.
Therefore, the candidate will need experience in managing day to day services engagements for a financial institution and be able to work with various teams to lead projects to success.
The candidate will need experience of working effectively directly with clients, She or he will, therefore, need presentation and communication skills and be personable, persuasive and cooperative. The candidate should also demonstrate project management type skills and enjoy a bit of direct engagements with the end clients.
- Maintaining client satisfaction by building a strong relationship with the client, understanding their business and challenges and ensuring we provide good service and add value.
- Handling client issues relating to the services including improvements, changes to the service, new business, operational issues and
- Coaching and motivating the team members to build high-performance team culture.
- Contributing to senior strategic and service review meetings with clients as necessary.
- Responsibility for working closely with the servicing teams and to ensure the smooth running of day to day services practice.
- Working with technology and other servicing groups on projects to change or devise solutions to meet the clients’ needs.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
Essential: excellent experience or expertise in
- Good communication skills.
- Real world experience of back\middle office lifecycle management
- Project Management exposure with IT developers and operations experts.
- Good client and prospect communication experience and a high standard of written work.
- Dealing with internal and external teams and serving units in separate locations.
- Postgraduate Degree
- Highly motivated self-starter with an appetite for knowledge and eager to learn
- Effective and efficient researcher
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set, organize and meet priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment
- Flexibility to travel to different regions if required
- Flexible working hours based on client engagement
Data Privacy Notice
The provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.