Senior Software Engineer
SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a Senior C++ Software Engineer for our San Francisco office. This role is part of the Geneva development team focused on building the next generation of SS&C Advent’s award winning Geneva portfolio management and accounting platform.
We are looking for a who:
- Loves coding in C++!
- Is passionate about software development and enjoys solving both technical and business problems
- Is a team player with a stellar can-do attitude
- Is able to think creatively and come up with elegant simple solutions to difficult problems
- Keeps an eye on emerging software trends and technologies
- Is comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Analyze, design and implement new features as we look to modernize and scale our existing platform
- Maintain existing code
- Collaborate with other senior engineers on design & implementation
- Work effectively in interdisciplinary teams
- Document and communicate feature implementation & design
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience developing enterprise applications in C++ on linux/unix
- Solid foundation in object-oriented design, data structures, design patterns and software architectures
- Deep understanding of complex C++ features such as memory management, interrupt handling and parallel processing
- Comfortable using debuggers
- Knowledge of relational and/or object-oriented databases
- Experience with Git for source code management
- Experience with the GNU toolchain
- Experience working in and developing for Unix/Linux environments
- Basic knowledge of accounting/finance systems
The Geneva product development team at SS&C Advent is growing in support of the ongoing development of Geneva and the company's ambitious expansion plans. If you enjoy working with smart, success oriented people, for a company that both challenges and respects its professionals, and you've got what it takes to be a great Senior Software Engineer, then apply today!
At SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) well being. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and deep commitment to giving back to the communities where we live and work. SS&C Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls please.