Senior Cloud Systems Engineer
Join the company ranked #1 on the list of Best Places to Work in Jacksonville and Northeast Florida. SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a Senior Cloud Systems Engineer in Jacksonville. The engineer must have excellent communication and analytical skills. They should possess the enthusiasm and entrepreneurial skills needed to grow with our company.
Duties will include
- Deploy new Geneva hosted client environments
- Upgrade and maintain Geneva client environments
- Assist in testing and updating existing runbooks
- Install and configure Advent’s proprietary applications
- Collaborate with team members and mentor junior staff
- Develop and follow detailed project plans, schedules, and related project documentation
- Manage infrastructure projects from inception to production support
- Participate in team on-call rotation
Competency is based on: education, training, skills, and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must:
- Experience in scripting and automation technologies (shell, Chef, Jenkins)
- Excel in complex problem analysis and hands-on creative solutions, designs, and implementations
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and with clients.
- Have experience managing cloud environments utilizing Linux, Windows, Citrix, and VMWare
- Have Windows server administration experience in an enterprise environment
- Extensive experience in providing application and system support including experience working with manufacturer support to resolve technical issues
- Results-driven self-starter with the ability to complete work independently within a collaborative environment
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, execute according to project schedules, provide operational support, and deliver results with a high level of quality
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies to implement and support a fast-paced environment
- Must have 7+ years Systems Administration experience
- Experience in the support and/or administration of Advent’s Geneva applications a big plus
At SS&C Advent, you’ll find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) well-being. Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.