Technical Account Manager
SS&C Advent, the world's leading provider of automated solutions for investment professionals since 1983, is seeking a talented Technical Account Manager to support client accounts that use Advent Tamale RMS. The Technical Account Manager is a product expert who owns and builds client relationships, participates in the product implementation process, performs user trainings/consulting, drives product adoption, and handles client technical support. This position offers the potential to grow into a specialized role within Product Adoption, Relationship Management, or Implementation.
Advent Tamale RMS is a unique software solution that enables investment professionals to focus on research and investing. Our clients are analysts, portfolio managers, and traders at some of the industry's leading hedge funds, traditional asset management funds, endowments, foundations, funds of funds, and private equity firms. This position will be based out of our New York office.
One of Advent's greatest assets when selling Tamale Research Management Solution is the promise of excellent client service and attentive account management. We are dedicated to giving our customers the smoothest experience; for that, we need world-class people who are dedicated to understanding our clients and what we can do to help them succeed.
- Provide a world-class customer experience to clients through excellent communication, user training, and feedback / requirements gathering.
- Ensure clients are getting the most value out of their use of Tamale RMS.
- Drive product adoption with clients through a consultative approach.
- Own and address client needs and product issues from inception to resolution.
- Execute all aspects of projects based on client requests, while providing regular status and updated expectations to the client.
- Maintain and create detailed documentation through logging of client communication, training sessions, workflow consulting, e-mail and knowledge base articles for client and internal use.
- Bachelor's degree: MIS, computer science, economics, business management, or other technical or finance degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of professional experience: technical support, consulting, account management, or sales is ideal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment, while taking the initiative, staying organized and motivated, and maintaining excellent follow up, is required.
- Individual characteristics:
o Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Goal oriented and resourceful.
o Strong organizational skills.
o Strong analytic & strategic thinking skills.
o High acumen for continuous learning.
o Ability to perform under pressure and meet demanding deadlines.
- Experience in a client-facing role (e.g., training, account management, sales) is highly preferred.
- Project management and/or application support/service experience.
- Experience in the financial industry, particularly hedge funds, asset managers, multi-managers or private equity. Front office experience a plus.
- Knowledge of relational databases (MS SQL).
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Skill/knowledge of any of the following financial applications: Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, FactSet, Capital IQ, Morningstar Direct, PerTrac/eVestment.
- Experience/interest in scripting languages: Perl, bash/shell, sed
Though it would be great if you could fulfill everything on our lists, specific or required skills are not everything. Equally or more important is, a demonstrated ability to learn new skills, a desire to play a key role on our rapidly growing team, and general compatibility with the Tamale team.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply direct to Advent. No phone calls please.
Advent Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.