Director, Advisory Marketing
SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a Director, Advisory Marketing. The marketing team focuses on lead generation, cross-sell and retention for its key solutions. You’ll join a winning team focused on results with a fun spirit of collaboration. This position supports SS&C Advent’s Advisory business, focused on financial advisors using technology solutions and services from SS&C Advent and Black Diamond.
- Define and lead product and segment marketing initiatives for the Advisory business
- Develop strategic marketing plan – deliver an organized framework that shows strategic thinking and areas of importance across key marketing functions to ultimately drive results for the Advisory market unit: product marketing (launches and ongoing), lead gen and sales tools, client retention and communications
- Leverage market and customer insights to inform market positioning, product positioning and messaging; infuse target audience understanding, along with competitive insights, into marketing programs and touchpoints
- Oversee best-practice execution of marketing tactics across channels; driving cross-functional implementation of plans including email, PR, social, collateral development, web site content, etc. Deep understanding of each channel.
- Use data along with sales/client feedback, competitive insights, and industry trends to identify business opportunities and apply innovative and creative marketing programs that generate results
- Manage team, including assignment and oversight of direct report projects, ongoing delegation, coaching and development
- Conduct analysis of marketing effectiveness for product and program launches to assess ROI and areas for optimization
- 10+ years relevant experience in product marketing or related marketing disciplines in financial services or FinTech field, including 5+ years of people management experience.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing or other business discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in designing marketing and communication strategies and plans based on product vision and ideal client profile.
- Proven track record of driving strategic marketing plans from positioning development to go-to-market execution
- Knowledgeable about B2B sales process, methods and mindsets with ability to be a strong partner to sales from strategy to execution
- Ability to bridge from strategic to tactical and across multiple projects with competing deadlines and prioritize accordingly; highly organized as a program and project manager
- Strong customer-focused writing skills with application for each channel/content type
- Ability to organize and collaborate across cross-functional work groups, including communications of marketing plans and results; experience presenting to senior leaders
- Passion for developing talent; examples of success
At SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) well-being. Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls please.