Staff Software Engineer (SQL/DB)
SS&C Advent, a business unit of SS&C, is helping over 4,300 investment firms in more than 50 countries—from established global institutions to small start-up practices—to grow their business and thrive. We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer (SQL/DB) for Advent’s trade order management and compliance team in our San Francisco office. The team works on our trade and order management system, Moxy, which is a centralized platform for making and executing trading decisions quickly and confidently.
• Perform database design by analyzing business requirements.
• Develop complex SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers etc.
• Fix any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
• Co-ordinate with Technical Product Manager to define scope, requirements and technical details for new projects and enhancements.
• Closely work with our global development team (Florida US, Beijing China).
• Proactively work to identify issues and provide solutions.
• Refactor and improve a combination of legacy and current codebase.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred.
• 4 to 6+ years of solid relational database programming skills and performance tuning
• 4 to 8+ years of solid Microsoft SQL Server knowledge and experience.
• Must have a strong understanding of how the SQL Server database engine works, including but not limited to physical storage, indexing, physical database design best practices, and the Query Optimizer.
• Understanding of various SQL Server features such as SSRS, XML, Service Broker, In Memory Table etc.
• Strong logic data modeling and physical database design experience to support OLTP.
Desired Individual Characteristics:
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
• Self-motivated individual capable of working in a collaborative environment.
• Strong programming and algorithmic skills.
• Knowledge or interest in wealth management or financial services is a strong plus.
Experience and/or knowledge of the following is a plus:
• Database administration experience
• OLAP and Data Analysis experience
• In memory database knowledge
• NoSQL knowledge
• Jenkins and GIT
• SCRUM and JIRA Agile methodologies
• Backend programming experience
At SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) well being. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and deep commitment to giving back to the communities where we live and work. SS&C Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls please.