Software Engineer (APX)
SS&C Advent, a business unit of SS&C, is helping over 4,300 investment firms in more than 50 countries to grow their business and thrive. We are seeking a Software Engineer with a solid mathematical background and experience in financial instrument calculations, for Advent’s flagship Portfolio Management Software team in our San Francisco office. The team works on our wealth management system, Advent Portfolio Exchange (APX).
APX is an industry-leading portfolio management, performance and reporting solution that has been mission critical to the workflows of investment professionals for over 15 years. We are looking for a team member to join us in continuing to innovate at the intersection of finance and technology. The APX Product Development team is embarking on an ambitious endeavor to reimagine the application all the way from UI to the backend platform. The ideal candidate will be willing to help push on the leading edge of technology as we innovate our platform by incorporating the latest techniques and best practices of modern software design.
- Develop modular and scalable code for back-end applications using C++, C#.
- Co-ordinate with Technical Project Manager to define scope, requirements and technical details for new projects and enhancements.
- Closely work with our global development team (SF US, Beijing China).
- Develop and document high level and detailed design specifications using the Object Oriented methodologies.
- Proactively work to identify issues and provide solutions for the same.
- Refactor and improve a combination of legacy and current code base.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- 0-3 years of solid, proven programming experience of C++/C# or 0-3 years of working experience in software or related industry.
- Proficient in object-oriented design, algorithm and data structure.
- Proficient with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Familiar with one of the script languages
- Experience in Microsoft SSIS and SSRS(Reporting Service) technology preferred. Willing to teach the right candidate.
- Microsoft SQL Server knowledge and experience is a strong plus.
Desired Individual Characteristics:
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a collaborative environment.
- No problem too big, no problem too small.
- Interest in mathematics and financial services.
Experience and/or knowledge of the following is a plus:
- Experience working with Report Builder (RDL/RDLC) is a strong plus
- DevOp, Jenkins and GIT
- SCRUM, and JIRA Agile methodologies
At SS&C Advent, you’ll find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) well-being. Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.