Software Development Intern (Summer '20)
SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is looking for a motivated Software Development Interns to join our team in Jacksonville this summer.
Work on a team building cloud based financial applications. Your job will be to work with engineering team to assist in the implementation and testing new features, extend automated test framework, and improve continuous delivery process. This is a hands-on internship with a focus on coding and testing.
- Majoring in computer science or engineering (ideally junior or senior in college).
- Has basic programming skills and is actively building on them.
- Interest in understanding the full software development life cycle and the responsibility of the software engineer.
- Successfully executes on coding tasks within a larger project.
- Ensures the quality of code checked in through manual and unit testing.
- Interest in the Finance Industry
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming languages (C#, Java)
- Exposure to database technologies like Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Exposure to open-source frameworks and tools like Git, Jenkins, GRPC, Docker, etc.
This is a paid internship with SS&C Advent Software. Relocation/housing is not available.
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.