Join the company ranked #1 on the list of Best Places to Work in Jacksonville and Northeast Florida. Advent Software, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a Product Designer at our office in Jacksonville.
The Product Designer will join our team and be responsible for all aspects of moving our product offering forward. A qualified candidate must have the ability to perform in a fast-paced and agile environment. Innovating, collaborating, and executing with a sense of urgency and team focus is of utmost importance in this role.
- Work with our developers and product managers to create innovative solutions for our clients business problems
- Refine rough ideas into useful, usable and delightful new features.
- Rapidly Prototype ideas from paper to interactive walkthroughs (web/mobile)
- Proactively identify UX enhancements and transform into clear specifications and efficient execution strategies
- Conduct Usability sessions to gather feedback on our products
- Manage your team’s UX initiatives through project lifecycle working closely with development and QA teams to ensure timely and high-quality output
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a web design role.
- Experience working in an AGILE environment
- Familiarity with Design Thinking and Lean UX methodologies
- Visual Design experience with responsive web applications.
- Data Visualization experience (nice to have)
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite tools
- Familiar with wire-framing and prototyping tools preferably Sketch and InVision
- A portfolio which represents all phases of the design process (Discovery, Wireframes, UI design, Research)
- Self-motivated and a solutions-oriented mentality
- Excellent verbal and written skills – with emphasis on attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Factors Engineering, Usability, Graphic Design or associated disciplines