Sr Staff Software Engineer, APX
The Senior Staff Software Engineer works on the Portfolio Management Software team in our San Francisco office. This team is primarily responsible for the development of the flagship wealth management system, Advent Portfolio Exchange (APX).
• Serve as the lead C++ software engineer building incremental features from the product road-map for our portfolio accounting platform.
• As a lead contributor, take ownership of features and drive to completion by applying agreed-upon best practices.
• Refactor and improve a combination of legacy and current codebase in C++, C#, ASP.NET, SQL
• Work with business analysts to understand business requirements and translate these into robust technical designs.
• Drive the implementation decision process by presenting and analyzing alternatives with other senior engineers and identify the most desirable solution
• Have a commitment to quality deliverables, seeking out design and code reviews as appropriate.
• Serve as a technical resource with whom people on the project team can consult.
• Prior experience with designing and implementing a large scale enterprise systems and working with legacy code base in C++.
• Work in a development environment using the Agile Scrum methodology.
• Must have demonstrated strong quantitative and problem solving abilities
• Detail oriented, process focused, self-motivated, proactive and committed to excellence.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and determination to push through obstacles.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work under time constraints as well as changing priorities.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• BS degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
• 10+ years’ of experience in object-oriented programming preferably using Microsoft Tech Stack, Visual Studio IDE, and the following is a must: C++, STL, MFC, C#.
• Good to proficient knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server is highly desired.
• Experience with institutional portfolio accounting is ideal.
• Solid understanding of software development concepts like Concurrency, Multithreading, Caching is highly desired.
• Proven track record in designing and coding high quality software. Commitment to software development process that promotes high standards.
• Willingness to collaborate across time zones. We have clients and team members all over the world, so it is necessary to be flexible when it comes to working hours, when required.
• Proactively work to identify issues and provide solutions for the same.
• Refactor and improve a combination of legacy and current codebase.
• Strong programming and algorithmic skills.
• Experience writing unit tests.
Experience and/or knowledge of the following is a plus:
• Knowledge of financial instruments and the financial industry through education or experience is preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in Jenkins and GIT, is a plus.
• Knowledge and experience with bug tracking and Agile tools, such as JIRA and Confluence, is helpful.
Plus, a Global Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy, providing the freedom and flexibility to take the time off that you need - when you need it.