SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a highly motivated Solutions Consultant with excellent analytical, and communication skills. He/she will join our Solutions Consulting team and be responsible for multiple aspects of our sales process. The role requires extensive knowledge of and experience with portfolio accounting systems and the financial services industry, specifically buy buy-sides such as hedge funds, asset managers and service providers.
A qualified candidate must have the ability to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Possessing an entrepreneurial mindset, the ideal candidate will be innovative, collaborative and execute with a sense of urgency.
SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a Solutions Consultant to join our Geneva sales team in New York City.
- Understands and executes Solution Consulting/Sales Methodology
- Acts as subject matter expert on Advent’s solutions during
- Uncovers, elevates, quantifies, and confirms customer’s critical business issues
- Assists in defining sales strategy and is proactive about preparing appropriate data and reports for sales event
- Provides customized solution demonstrations which link Advent’s value back to the CBI’s
- Effectively demonstrates and communicates the differentiating value of Advent’s solutions
- Acts as a consultant on product integration strategy with customer's internal applications and 3rd party applications and technologies
- Properly sets expectations with regards to implementation timeframes and resources required to be successful
- Understands and effectively communicates the value of Advent’s Implementation Methodology (AIM)
- Participates in demand creation events (seminars, trade shows, conferences, etc)
- Feeds knowledge gained from customers back to the business management and product management groups
- Proactive about maintaining
highlevel of product/solution knowledge, as well as, applicable technology changes
- Delivers high quality documentation of recommended solutions to clients and internal stakeholders
- 10%-65% travel is expected in this position depending on
- Advent product or consulting experience desired
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: SS&C Advent software products (client/user experience), investment/fund accounting, trade order management/straight through processing applications, financial technology sales
- Working knowledge of asset management/hedge fund middle and back office workflow and operations highly desired
- Required personal attributes include:
- Leadership: entrepreneurial with an ability to inspire others; drive hard for results and identify ways to change the rules of the game on competitors
- Analytic & Strategic Thinking--qualitative insightfulness, understanding the strategic context of issues, ability to evaluate several options available and employ data based decision making. Very adaptable, deals with ambiguity, quick thinker
- Initiative, Drive & Creative Problem Solving--results oriented, ability to leverage diverse experience to drive results, can do attitude, resourcefulness. Sets goals and objectives and manages to them. Can prepare
actionplan to drive projects to closure and focus on high priority items. Proactively engages in salescycle and is timely with follow up items from sales events
- Collaboration & Teamwork--aligning people towards a common goal, ability to build and maintain productive relationships. Ability to go to
salesrep and/or management to discuss sales strategy and suggest alternative courses of action where appropriate
- Communication Skills--
abilityto share information clearly and consistently in both verbal and written format. Active listener with abilityto translate customer’s needs and respond with relevant information/presentation. Can synthesize diverse and disparate pains and link to consequences
- Strong objection handling skills--ability to understand prospect objections and/or product challenges and is able to respond effectively to them. Confirms that the objection has been overcome
- Strong presentation skills--ability to control the event and maintain composure under pressure. Articulate, confident, and professional. Ability to present information in a professional, polished manner, with a logical flow of information and ability to be persuasive.
- Functional mastery-- Strong understanding of the business process and workflows of Advent’s target markets. Strong technical experience with
abilityto relate technical advantages into business benefits
- Ability to recover and learn from mistakes, not afraid to fail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Computer Science a plus
At SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) wellbeing. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and deep commitment to giving back to the communities where we live and work. Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today! SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls, please.