Senior Systems Engineer
SS&C Advent Software is looking for a motivated and experienced Systems Engineer - automation to help with the architecture, implementation, and operation of our AMG suite of products. This position will focus on building processes, to simplify and streamline deployment, capacity, reliability, consistency, and scalability for the development team. This role will work collaboratively with Development and IT to build and maintain software and tools and additionally to troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development and QA environments.
- Automate all aspects of technology to enable development self-service
- Architect and deploy new systems for product development team use
- Participate in all phases of software development life cycle including analysis, design, functionality, testing, and support
- Ensure SLA’s are met for system reliability, performance, and scalability across the development environments
- Serve as a technical resource with whom people on the development team consult
- Maintain the development of self-service systems and other environments
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in the infrastructure utilizing a standard ticketing tool
- Respond and coordinate critical problems
- Makes and meets commitments for deliverables in terms of scope, schedule, and quality
- Strategic partnering and reporting with the key stakeholders on a regular cadence
- Evaluate emerging technologies and solutions
- Recommend best practices
- Windows Operating Systems (7+ years)
- Experience in automation technologies such as Jenkins, Chef, PowerShell, Ruby, or Shell (2+ years)
- Excellent understanding, architectural knowledge and strong abilities with VMware virtualization technologies such as ESXi, vRealize, vCloud and Horizon (2+ years)
- Working knowledge of networking and storage technologies
- Knowledge of containerization a plus
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Strong research and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Focus on business partnerships and outcomes
- Self-starter and team player with a positive attitude
At SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) wellbeing. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and deep commitment to giving back to the communities where we live and work. Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls, please.