Senior Software Engineer, APX
- Be the lead software engineer in building incremental features from the product road-map, while taking ownership in assimilating this new functionality into
existingcode base by applying agreed-upon design tenets.
- Work with business analysts to understand business requirements and translate these into robust technical designs. Drive the implementation decision process by presenting and analyzing alternatives and identifying the most desirable solution.
- Lead by example and serve as a technical resource with whom people on the project team can consult.
- Have a commitment to quality deliverables, seeking out design and code reviews as appropriate.
- Work in a development environment using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Prior experience with refactoring and working with legacy code base is highly preferable.
- Must have demonstrated strong quantitative and
- Detail oriented, process focused, self-motivated, proactive and committed to excellence.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and determination to push through obstacles. Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work under time constraints as well as changing priorities.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- 7+ years’ of experience in object-oriented programming preferably using Microsoft Tech Stack. Experience with enterprise-wide, large scale, server-side, scalable systems development is a must.
- Experience in Microsoft Stack, Visual Studio IDE, and at least a few of following is a must: .NET framework, MS SQL, C#.
- Good to proficient knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server is highly desired.
- Solid understanding of software development concepts like Concurrency, Multithreading, Caching is highly desired.
- Proven track record in designing and coding
high qualitysoftware. Commitment to softwaredevelopment process that promotes high standards.
- Willingness to collaborate across time zones. We have clients and team members all over the world, so it is necessary to be flexible when it comes to working
- Proactively work to identify issues and provide solutions for the same.
- Refactor and improve a combination of legacy and current codebase.
- Strong programming and algorithmic skills.
- Experience writing unit tests.
Experience and/or knowledge of the following is a plus:
- Knowledge of financial instruments and the financial industry through education or experience is preferred. Experience with institutional portfolio accounting is ideal.
- Knowledge and experience in popular Web application frameworks like Angular, React, is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in STL, MFC, COM, is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in Jenkins and
GIT,is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with bug tracking and Agile tools, such as JIRA and Confluence, is helpful.
Desired Individual Characteristics:
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a collaborative environment.
- Effectively manage personal time and communicate plans and status of projects to stakeholders. Work with development managers to keep short and long-term projects moving forward.
- Be a team player!
The APX development team at SS&C Advent is growing in support of the ongoing development of APX and the company's ambitious expansion plans. If you enjoy working with smart, success-oriented people, for a company that both challenges and respects its professionals, and you've got what it takes to be a great Senior Software Engineer, then apply today!
At SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) wellbeing. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and deep commitment to giving back to the communities where we live and work. SS&C Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls, please.