Facilities Assistant/Shipping & Receiving (Contract)
SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a highly motivated Facilities Assistant/Shipping & Receiving at our Jacksonville office.
- Process, deliver and track as needed all mail and shipping requirements (incoming & outgoing)
- Work with vendors on equipment maintenance calls and issue resolution
- Manage special event calendar; work with event sponsor to gather details, coordinate requirements and assure the room is setup properly
- Setup and breakdown of office furniture and general AV logistics for special events
- Receive required shipping parcels using Oracle
- Coordinate some office management services and vendors such as; (copiers, copier maintenance, parcel deliveries, and mail delivery services)
- Monitor the overall appearance, safety and security of the office by conducting regular inspections
- Provide support on various projects for Facilities Manager
- Complete administrative tasks and departmental related duties as assigned
- Support employee requests promptly utilizing the ServiceNow ticket platform
- Provide reception coverage as needed (typically lunch and breaks)
- Must be able to lift 40lbs
- 2 years minimum experience working in Facilities and Shipping/Receiving in a corporate environment
- Exceptional leadership and customer service skills.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Skills in implementing, interpreting and explaining policies and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Individuals should have flexible hours and the ability to start at 8am on a daily basis
- This role may be on-call position and will be required to respond to afterhours emergencies when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and deep commitment to giving back to the communities where we live and work. Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls please.