Technical Solutions Consultant
4280 – Solutions Consulting
Technical Solutions Consultant
- Understands and executes Solution Consulting/Sales Methodology
- Acts as subject matter expert on Advent’s solutions during sales process
- Uncovers, elevates, quantifies, and confirms customer’s critical business issues
- Assists in defining sales strategy and is proactive about preparing appropriate data and reports for sales event
- Provides customized technical solution demonstrations which link Advent’s value back to the CBI’s
- Effectively demonstrates and communicates the differentiating value of Advent’s solutions
- Acts as a consultant on product integration strategy with customer's internal applications and 3rd party applications and technologies
- Properly sets expectations with regards to implementation timeframes and resources required to be successful
- Understands and effectively communicates the value of Advent’s Implementation Methodology (AIM)
- Participates in demand creation events (seminars, trade shows, conferences, etc)
- Feeds knowledge gained from customers back to the business management and product management groups
- Proactive about maintaining high level of product/solution knowledge, as well as, applicable technology changes
- Delivers high quality documentation of recommended solutions and architecture diagrams to clients and internal stakeholders
- 10%-65% travel is expected in this position depending on sales coverage model
- Advent product or consulting experience desired
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: financial technology consulting, support or sales engineering, cloud-based deployments, HA/DR deployment options, and integration technologies.
- Working knowledge of asset management middle and back office workflow and operations highly desired
- Strong IT/technical skills (MS Windows, Unix, Linux, MS SQL, MS IIS, integration tools, reporting tools, scheduling, networks and databases).
- Required personal attributes include:
- Leadership: demonstrates the characteristics outlined below:
Envision-ability to see an exciting future and identifies ways to change the rules of the game on competitors
Energize-ability to inspire others, exhibits contagious enthusiasm for the opportunity, gains enrollment and commitment.
Enable-ability to build capability to deliver results, build and align a strong team around meeting objectives
Executes-ability to drive hard for results while balancing the company’s goal to drive revenue with our commitment to making clients successful
- Analytic & Strategic Thinking--qualitative insightfulness, understanding the strategic context of issues, ability to evaluate several options available and employ data based decision making. Very adaptable, deals with ambiguity, quick thinker
- Initiative, Drive & Creative Problem Solving--results orientation, ability to leverage diverse experience to drive results, can do attitude, resourcefulness. Sets goals and objectives and manages to them. Can prepare action plan to drive projects to closure and focus on high priority items. Proactively engages in sales cycle and is timely with follow up items from sales events
- Collaboration & Teamwork--aligning people towards a common goal, ability to build and maintain productive relationships. Ability to go to sales rep and/or management to discuss sales strategy and suggest alternative courses of action where appropriate
- Communication Skills--ability to share information clearly and consistently in both verbal and written format. Active listener with ability to translate customer’s needs and respond with relevant information/presentation. Can synthesize diverse and disparate pains and link to consequences
- Strong objection handling skills--ability to understand prospect objections and/or product challenges and is able to respond effectively to them. Confirms that the objection has been overcome
- Strong presentation skills--ability to control the event and maintain composure under pressure. Articulate, confident, and professional. Ability to present information in a professional, polished manner, with a logical flow of information and ability to be persuasive.
- Functional Mastery-- Strong understanding of the business process and workflows of Advent’s target markets. Strong technical experience with ability to relate technical advantages into business benefits
- Ability to recover and learn from mistakes, not afraid to fail.
Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or computer science a plus
Data Privacy Notice
The provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.