Director - Operations
Founded in 1985, Advanced Technology Services, Inc. (ATS) is a leading solutions provider in reliability-centered industrial maintenance, MRO services and IOT technology with over 3000 employees located in the US, Mexico and UK. Click to learn more about ATS
- Leader of Operations, MRO and Supply Chain organization strategy and plan supporting the long-term vision of ATS’s MRO Asset Management Solution, ATS Drive™. Leads the MRO and Supply Chain organization to become world-class in the areas of supply chain management systems, storeroom and inventory management, sourcing and procurement, supplier management, material cost reductions, and logistics.
- Leading 200+ person department consisting of our field services, territory sales, customer service, engineering, distribution, manufacturing & repair operations, procurement, and logistics across the US and Mexico.
- Implements and continuously improves an enterprise-wide MRO and supply chain management system.
- Develops and implements best practices supporting inventory optimization, availability and financial objectives of the company.
- Develops supplier alliances and implements supplier management/development programs to maximize supplier performance and value in the areas of cost reduction, on time delivery and quality, and where applicable implement vendor-managed inventory.
- Develops plan to ensure ATS repair depot and ATS distribution are utilized as MRO sources of supply.
- Works with the Business Development Manager to develop, negotiate and manage direct relationships with MRO OEMs to support the ATS distribution strategy.
- Works with Marketing and Sales organizations to align ATS MRO and Supply Chain capabilities and technology requirements with the needs of the market.
- Develops and implements storeroom management best practices across the enterprise resulting in efficiency gains.
- Establishes clear ATS and customer facing performance metrics to monitor and measure the effectiveness of the MRO and supply chain organization, ensuring alignment with overall corporate objectives.
- Communicates and coordinate with the executive staff to meet service delivery and financial performance expectations of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field: business, materials management, engineering; and 5 years of Managerial experience.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management systems and track record of success.
- Extensive experience in domestic and international materials procurement and management.
- Hands-on expertise developing and implementing programs for cost reduction, supplier performance management and inventory optimization.
- Sound understanding of negotiating techniques, legal contracts and various financial issues including cash flow and working capital.
- Demonstrated planning, analysis and overall business skills.
- Demonstrated success effectively communicating with domestic and international suppliers and customers at all levels of the organization.
- MBA is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in manufacturing or related business, preferably in a low-volume, high-mix purchasing environment, with experience in indirect MRO procurement, storeroom and inventory management.
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Personal Discipline
Development and Training:
- Development is at the core of what we do and ATS is committed to providing our employees with the opportunity to expand their skillsets. You’ll be given the resources and mentorship you need to succeed in a company committed to education, development and organic growth.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance and a flexible spending account - save money pre-tax for eligible medical expenses
- Employee Assistance Program and Comprehensive Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match - to prepare for your future
- Extensive Safety Training, New Hire Orientation, Continuous Learning and Development programs and Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time - encouraging work-life balance