$5,000 Sign On Bonus: Field Service Maintenance Technician
Field Service Maintenance Technician Specialist
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better. Click to learn more about ATS
- Independently installs, repairs, troubleshoots and maintains equipment such as manufacturing process equipment, robotics, automation, conveyance systems, packaging systems, and ancillary equipment within industrial manufacturing settings. Applies advanced knowledge and expert aptitude of industrial electrical, electronics, controls systems, mechanics, pneumatics, and hydraulics. Has knowledge of and ability to interpret and edit various industry controls programs.
- Performs expert level break-fix & preventative maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devises in operation to location root cause of problem; dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; examining parts to detect imperfections; adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts; testing of device to observe performance; and performing tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems; reconditioning and repairing machine tools.
- Identifies and sources parts, supplies and repair items as necessary. Performs evaluations of alternatives to improve cost and / or reliability of equipment. Compiles alternative packages for purposes of retrofit, upgrade, or alternative functionality of equipment.
- Independently performs maintenance as per industry standards; creates maintenance standards and instructions for altered or new manufacturing equipment.
- Directs customer counterparts in maintenance optimization efforts, reliability, and preventative maintenance processes.
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform welding tasks.
- Conforms and complies with customer contractor codes of conduct, housekeeping standards, and safety processes
- Documents work performed in service reports, applicable management systems, and written explanation regarding observation and collected equipment performance data. Compiles technical manuals, operations, and maintenance processes relevant to equipment upgrades and automation integrations.
- Provides assistance to lower level technicians and leadership to project teams. Performs expert functions as a part of training and development.
- Alters, troubleshoots and analyzes complex control systems to resolve in-depth software/ hardware and configuration problems.
- Utilizes advanced maintenance technologies to collect equipment performance data. Observes trends and makes recommendations.
- Conducts on-the-job training and leads technical programs for technical development of customers and coworkers
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Associates degree with a Technical focus and 12 years of related experience in specific industry; or, 15 years of experience in specific industry.
- Possesses comprehensive understanding of electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems. Can analyze the problem, synthesize alternative solutions, and perform repairs.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools, and programming software as appropriate.
- Extensive travel required. (Local, National, International)
- Experience in condition based maintenance techniques, precision mechanical alignments, maintenance of applicable process equipment, and automation integration.
- Robust experience in programmable logic controllers, field device troubleshooting, maintenance of electrical drive and motor systems, and motion control devices.
- Customer Focus
- Personal Discipline
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
Development and Training:
- Development is at the core of what we do and ATS is committed to providing our employees with the opportunity to expand their skillsets. You’ll be given the resources and mentorship you need to succeed in a company committed to education, development and organic growth.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance and a flexible spending account - save money pre-tax for eligible medical expenses
- Employee Assistance Program and Comprehensive Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match - to prepare for your future
- Extensive Safety Training, New Hire Orientation, Continuous Learning and Development programs and Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time - encouraging work-life balance