Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift)
Maintenance Technician I
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better. Click to learn more about ATS
- Under supervision, performs mechanical or electrical troubleshooting and repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment according to manufacturer's manuals, diagrams, sketches etc.
- Performs entry to mid-level break-fix & preventative maintenance. This includes but not limited to: adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments to sustain and improve operations; repairing or replacing defective parts; reconditioning or repairing machine tools.
- Identifies needed parts, supplies, and repair items.
- Provides support and back up for other members of department as needed by leadership.
- Is aware of Maintenance Industry Standards.
- Assures compliance with 5S and housekeeping standards.
- Participates in CI activities - processes, results and cost savings.
- May be required to setup and operate simple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform basic welding tasks.
- Updates records and reviews CMMS history.
- Performs basic troubleshooting of control systems circuitry.
- Completes technical self-study programs for career development.
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Associates degree with a Technical focus or 18 months of related experience in general industry or successful completion of the ATS Technician Progression Program.
- Understanding of basic electrical and mechanical systems. Can perform repairs.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
Development and Training:
- Development is at the core of what we do and ATS is committed to providing our employees with the opportunity to expand their skillsets. You’ll be given the resources and mentorship you need to succeed in a company committed to education, development and organic growth.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance and a flexible spending account - save money pre-tax for eligible medical expenses
- Employee Assistance Program and Comprehensive Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match - to prepare for your future
- Extensive Safety Training, New Hire Orientation, Continuous Learning and Development programs and Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time - encouraging work-life balance