Paint Line Engineer
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better. Click to learn more about ATS
- Plans, directs and coordinates research and development and/or manufacturing processes. Develops, evaluates, and improves methods, utilizing knowledge of designs, processes, capabilities, methods, and quality control standards.
- Develops new products, tests and procedures.
- Reviews, revises and improves existing test procedures.
- Regularly meets with customers to review applications and review potential new products opportunities.
- Designs fixtures and / or complete control systems and performs warranty root cause analysis.
- Responsible for setting the standards/methods for testing methodology.
- Resolves hardware and software problems. Provides technical/ troubleshooting support.
- Prepares in-depth studies for customers and presents to high-level internal and external managers. Prepares required project documentation.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding capabilities, schedules, and other considerations to facilitate processes.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout maximum efficiency
- Keeps current and continues education on latest technology and techniques.
- May perform troubleshooting, repair, and installation of most product lines (including support level on some products).
- Trains new employees.
- Travels as needed to support service centers, customer needs or as sales support, approximately 35% of time.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering from four-year college or university with 5+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Combination of hands-on technical skills and project management skills
- Previous experience in a research and development or manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to write technical documents.
- Design knowledge of Pro-E
- Prior experience E-coat lines (Electrocoating)
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
Development and Training:
- Development is at the core of what we do and ATS is committed to providing our employees with the opportunity to expand their skillsets. You’ll be given the resources and mentorship you need to succeed in a company committed to education, development and organic growth.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance and a flexible spending account - save money pre-tax for eligible medical expenses
- Employee Assistance Program and Comprehensive Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match - to prepare for your future
- Extensive Safety Training, New Hire Orientation, Continuous Learning and Development programs and Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time - encouraging work-life balance