Calibration – Metrology Technician I
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better. Click to learn more about ATS
- Under general supervision, evaluates calibration systems that measure characteristics of objects, substances, or phenomena. Tests and calibrates controlling, indicating, and measuring instruments and devices to ensure specified operating performance, using hand tools, testing and calibrating instruments and equipment, and precision measuring instruments. Performs complex repair and calibration of test equipment. Prepares calibration documentation in accordance with standards.
- Travels to customer site for calibration, repair, and technical support when necessary.
- Reads quality control manual and testing specifications to obtain data to test or calibrate specific devices.
- Selects and installs accessories, such as adapters, indicating gauges, or holding devices on test or calibration fixture, and connects instrument or device to fixture, according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Sets controls to regulate factors, such as current flow, timing cycle, pressure, temperature, or vacuum, according to specifications, and activates test or calibration equipment.
- Observes readings on meters and gauges, and other displays and performance of device or instrument to identify functional defects and determine calibration requirements.
- Adjusts calibration mechanisms to obtain specified operational performance of device or instrument, using hand tools and precision measuring and calibrating instruments and equipment.
- Applies sealing compound on calibration mechanism to prevent readjustment of settings and loss of calibration.
- Rejects malfunctioning devices and routes devices to specified department for rework or salvaging of parts.
- Prepares calibration certificates and data reports.
- Processes required service report paperwork.
- Interacts with other departments and personnel to resolve any related issues.
- May perform more advanced functions as part of training and development.
- Participates in Service/Quality Initiative; continually improves processes; quantitatively monitors processes. Completes required quality core classes and uses skills and techniques presented. Uses the Core Values in work environment. Adheres to company/customer safety procedures.
- Associates degree from a junior college or technical school; and one year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to: read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization; work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry; apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations; apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be a team player
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize
- Customer Focus
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
Development and Training:
- Development is at the core of what we do and ATS is committed to providing our employees with the opportunity to expand their skillsets. You’ll be given the resources and mentorship you need to succeed in a company committed to education, development and organic growth.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance and a flexible spending account - save money pre-tax for eligible medical expenses
- Employee Assistance Program and Comprehensive Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match - to prepare for your future
- Extensive Safety Training, New Hire Orientation, Continuous Learning and Development programs and Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time - encouraging work-life balance