Traveling Reliability Engineer
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better. Click to learn more about ATS
- Independently provides manufacturing equipment, process, and systems consultation with respect to reliability best practices. Applies advanced knowledge of technical concepts, reliability strategies, and industry-recognized methodologies to enhance the effectiveness of industrial maintenance organizations. Through developing and implementing various Asset Management strategies and technologies, achieves maximum asset performance, reliability, and return on investment to customers. Additionally will implement an action plan to specific field service requests and SOW’s.
- Extensive travel required. (Local, National, International)
- Promotes and adheres to the ATS safety culture.
- Engages in various work environments and industries to lead reliability centered maintenance efforts.
- Mentors, coaches, and provides reliability best practices for applications in customer facilities, by customer personnel
- Identifies top potential issues leading to lost production and preventable maintenance spending. Communicates findings with leadership.
- Provides solutions to root cause deficiencies and demonstrates economic benefits to their correction.
- Actively drives the implementation of equipment improvement projects.
- Identifies and implements current and new processes / technologies to increase equipment performance and uptime
- Champions systems and best practice procedures towards a proactive manufacturing culture.
- Analyzes equipment performance, failure data, and corrective maintenance history to develop and deploy engineering solutions, improved maintenance strategies, preventative maintenance optimization, and other reliability techniques.
- Provides technical service to operations and manufacturing personnel on equipment related troubleshooting efforts.
- Utilizes predictive, preventative, and precision maintenance technologies and strategies designed to identify or control risks prior to failure and ensure optimum maintenance execution.
- Collaborates with the maintenance team to prioritize assets and actions by determining failure probabilities and evaluating the risk of compliance, supply, strategy, and cost.
- Provides training and coaching in Root Cause and Reliability Analysis and takes ownership for ongoing corrective action tracking, implementation and follow up to ensure that all Root Cause Analysis projects are documented.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and ATS policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (ABET accredited)
- Minimum of five years of reliability experience across 2 or more manufacturing sites
- Demonstrates ability to perform full array of reliability tool sets
- Strong technical understanding of electrical or mechanical components, tools, and designs
- Ability to complete a failure mode effects analysis, cause and effect diagrams, root cause failure analysis, life-cycle costing, and risk analysis
- Ability to research and apply new equipment technology / trends
- Robust problem solving, mathematical, analytical, and decision making skills
- Proficiency with computers, maintenance systems, and applications, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Strong reporting and technical writing capability
- Ability to build and maintain positive, professional relationships
- Desire to develop into a leadership role
- Experience with data trend analysis, vibration analysis, motor current analysis, oil analysis, lubrication and hydraulic testing, laser alignment, nondestructive testing, infrared thermography, ultrasound technology, acoustic reliability technology, Weibull analysis, and Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing methodologies
- Knowledge of various government regulations such as, Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), National Electrical Testing Association (NETA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- CMRP certification
- Green Belt certification
- STS certification
- Drive & Motivation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Task Management
- Strategic Skills
- Customer Focus
- Management & Leadership
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
- Medical/dental plans
- Prescription drug program
- Vision plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
Development and Training:
- Development is at the core of what we do and ATS is committed to providing our employees with the opportunity to expand their skillsets. You’ll be given the resources and mentorship you need to succeed in a company committed to education, development and organic growth.
ATS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment to all applicants and employees, regardless of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status.