Shipping & Receiving Clerk 2
Shipping and Receiving Clerk II
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better. Click to learn more about ATS
- Under supervision, verifies and keeps records on all incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects pre-assembled containers; inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding; nails covers on wooden crates and/or binds containers; affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons; posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages; examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Gathers and delivers mail; routes items to departments.
- Receives and logs items into computer system.
- Maintains a clean working area.
- Tracks inventory and maintains an accurate physical inventory by logging all transactions into the software system; tracks all packages not received or not logged into the system daily; tracks all packing slips and files daily.
- Controls costs through recycling and other activities.
- Tracks and locates package for customer.
- May deliver packages on emergency basis; scan parts and prepares for the cleaning room; place parts in bins and pulls when ready for repair as needed; operate tier-lift truck or use handtruck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area; direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
- May be required to train entry level employees.
- Participates in ATS Culture Initiative; continually improves processes; quantitatively monitors processes. Completes required quality core classes and uses skills and techniques presented. Uses The Core Values in work environment. Adheres to company/customer safety procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) and three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate level of data entry skills; strong understanding of customer relations; and know how to lift properly.
- Must be able to obtain Powered Industrial Vehicle Certification.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to: read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization; add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be a team player, organized, self-motivated and able to prioritize.
- Basic level knowledge of computers.
- Customer Service
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
Development and Training:
- Development is at the core of what we do and ATS is committed to providing our employees with the opportunity to expand their skillsets. You’ll be given the resources and mentorship you need to succeed in a company committed to education, development and organic growth.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance and a flexible spending account - save money pre-tax for eligible medical expenses
- Employee Assistance Program and Comprehensive Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match - to prepare for your future
- Extensive Safety Training, New Hire Orientation, Continuous Learning and Development programs and Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time - encouraging work-life balance