CNC Maintenance Specialist
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better. Click to learn more about ATS
- Under general supervision, performs expert level mechanical, electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer's manuals, diagrams, sketches, etc. Consults engineering experts when the manuals do not exist. Creates reference materials.
- Performs expert level break-fix & preventive maintenance, and/or design of mechanical, and electrical equipment improvements as well as complex systems as the employee’s job specialty requires. Provides troubleshooting support on equipment and technical support on production lines as appropriate for the employee’s job specialty. Maintains in-depth technical knowledge of numerous systems as the employee’s job specialty requires. Performs research and procedures as the employee’s job specialty requires.
- Programs, troubleshoots and analyzes complex control systems to resolve in-depth software/ hardware and configuration problems.
- Utilizes predictive equipment and interprets results for analysis, equipment condition assessment, troubleshooting and proactive maintenance. Including but not limited to infrared thermography, ultrasonic testing, power quality analysis, laser interferometry, ball bar, and vibration analysis.
- Leads, drives and participates in CI activities--processes, results and cost savings using CI tools and methodology.
- Identifies and sources parts, supplies and repair items as necessary. Suggests alternative items and engineered solutions to improve reliability.
- Independently performs maintenance as per industry standards.
- Complies with 5S and housekeeping standards.
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform welding tasks.
- Studies and investigates technical and systems methods, tools, and innovations that can be implemented in ATS sites to improve maintenance practices and updates documentation.
- Prepares input for cost analysis for new equipment, repair/rebuild proposals, cost savings and innovations as required.
- Updates records and reviews CMMS history and analyzes data.
- Provides technical contents of sales quotations and performs T&M duties as required.
- Trains and coaches less proficient technician. Assumes project manager responsibilities as assigned.
- Completes and conducts on-the-job training and technical self-study programs for career development.
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines.
- Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Associates degree with a Technical focus and 7 years of related experience in specific industry; or, 10 years of experience in specific industry.
- CNC troubleshooting experience required
- Proficiency in predictive technologies including vibration analysis or laser interferometer operations, precision alignments, and maintenance of applicable process equipment.
- Understands electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems. Can analyze the problem, synthesize alternative solutions, and perform repairs.
- Must be able to use hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate.
- Six Sigma experience desired.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
Development and Training:
- Development is at the core of what we do and ATS is committed to providing our employees with the opportunity to expand their skillsets. You’ll be given the resources and mentorship you need to succeed in a company committed to education, development and organic growth.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance and a flexible spending account - save money pre-tax for eligible medical expenses
- Employee Assistance Program and Comprehensive Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match - to prepare for your future
- Extensive Safety Training, New Hire Orientation, Continuous Learning and Development programs and Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time - encouraging work-life balance