Quality Assurance Analyst
Founded in 2001, Adage® is a web design and development firm that combines strategic thinking with a passion for technology to advance our client's purpose. We bring together a diverse team of creative and technical professionals who partner with our clients to create their digital strategy. Our people first approach drives us to win awards, work with prestigious clients, and break ground with exciting technology.
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to be responsible for testing websites and web applications, ensuring the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction in the work that we deliver to our clients. As a QA Analyst, you will collaborate with scrum teams to plan and complete manual feature testing within project timeline and budget. You'll proactively identify defects and areas of risk and work with the team on potential mitigation options. As a champion for quality at Adage, you'll employ QA standards and best practices to verify work is fully functional and user-friendly.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented with a passion for quality, a good understanding of web technology, and the ability to work independently as well as with cross-functional teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with Scrum teams to define user stories/requirements during planning, scrutinize requirements, and identify test cases and potential edge cases.
- Creating and executing manual test cases to verify that delivered functionality meets all visual, usability, functional and compliance standards as defined by the user story.
- Outlining full feature testing in a comprehensive plan for entire websites.
- Creating appropriate test data as defined by the test case.
- Creating and executing regression tests, exploratory tests, cross-browser and mobile device testing, stress and load testing (when necessary) and post-deployment testing.
- Documenting bugs in JIRA with clear expected results and steps to reproduce.
- Guiding clients in the UAT process, providing assistance and testing data as necessary.
- Taking responsibility for UAT tracking and follow-ups with clients and the Project Owner/Scrum Master.
- Conducting Root Cause Analysis or missed issues or UAT failures.
We want someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience and/or certification
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance experience or a background in web technologies, front-end development or project coordination.
- A passion for quality and testing
- Experience with creating test plans, test cases, test scripts.
- Experience in QA testing in an agile/scrum environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and manage multiple projects at a time.
- Experience testing with integrated systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize defects and raise critical defects to the appropriate team members as necessary.
- Testing experience from prototypes to MVP to maintenance releases.
The following skills are preferred but not required:
- Experience with automation tools and/or load testing
- Experience with usability testing
- Ecommerce or CMS experience
What Adage Offers
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on the Crain’s list of Best Places to Work in Chicago. We have a people first approach, and support our employees with the things that matter most. You’ll enjoy work life balance with flex schedules, work from home options, and 20+ days paid time off annually. Adage offers great benefits with 85% employer paid insurance, profit sharing bonuses, 401k, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen.
Adage Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents and respects diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets. All qualified candidates that share Adage's core values are strongly encouraged to apply.