Linux Administrator | Req#2729
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Linux Admin located in Lakeland, FL. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
The candidate will be responsible for providing help-desk support and for maintaining and updating the Linux systems used in the Department of Commerce workplace, on research vessels, and on research aircraft.
What is in it for you?
- ActioNet - Washington Post Top 100 Places to Work - 8 yrs in a row
- Supporting a customer with interesting and exciting mission
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide end user support
- Provide system administration / installation / configuration for mission and analytic networks. This will include but is not limited to:
- User account management, administration, access/controls and support
- Installation and configuration of workstations
- Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
- Develop functional requirements through interaction with end-users and evaluating third-party products as well as in-house developed software.
- Analyze system faults and troubleshooting and running diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- As well as other duties
- 3+ years experience with a BS Degree in Computer Science or other discipline is highly desired
- In lieu of Bachelor’s Degree, 8 years experience will be considered
- Experience with Tier 2 system administration of server operating systems such as Linux (CentOS, RHEL, or Ubuntu) and Microsoft Server
- Mid-level or above experience building, configuring, and maintaining all aspects of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 and 8.
- Experience configuring smartcard authentication that leverages Windows Active Directory for access to Linux workstations and servers.
- Experience maintaining Linux installation images and implementing centralized installation services.
- Experience applying security hardness according to DISA STIG requirements Build,
- configuring, and maintaining RHEL Virtualization (KVM/LibVirt) servers.
- Experience working with Windows Workstation/Server and Active Directory
Any of the following certification
- CCNA Security
- CCNP Security
- CompTIA A+ CE
- CompTIA Network+ CE
- CompTIA Security+ CE
- CompTIA CASP+ CE
- CompTIA CySA+
- ISC2 CISSP (or Associate)
- ISC2 SSCP
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.