Oracle Database Administrator, Senior - Secret Clearance Required | Req#2306
ActioNet is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator with an Active Secret Clearance for a National Security Program, located in Vienna, Virginia.
The DBA will be part of a large team of database architects, engineers, analysts, and administrators. Support will be provided to the Data Engineering and Data Management (DE) program to support Consular Affairs' mission to protect the lives and interests of American citizens living or traveling abroad, and to enhance the national security of the United States.
- Support activities associated with day to day operations of the Enterprise Database Administration Support Services for the networks application/databases.
- Maintaining and administering database systems and related environments including computer hardware, system software, application software, and all configurations.
- Apply knowledge of database management systems, coordinate changes to computer databases.
- May plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases, test databases or programs, correct errors and make necessary modifications, modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes, plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification, or disclosure.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and identify project scope and limitations.
- Train users and answer questions
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database Schedule, plan, test new products and improvements to computer systems such as the installation of new databases
- Review project requests describing database user needs to accomplish project
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information as it pertains to maintaining, upgrading, installing, configuring, testing, deploying, and performing any additional database/application systems tasks that might be required.
- Perform database backups and disaster recovery operations, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve database system problems, configure, monitor, and maintain database software.
- Operate OEM to monitor the performance of Enterprise wide database/application, and to coordinate Enterprise access and use of database/application.
- Monitor Enterprise wide performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future and confer with peers about how to solve existing database/application problems as required.
Technical Skills good to have for this position --
- Oracle 12c/19c database management
- Oracle Database version upgrade experience
- Oracle SQL development, and experience with JSON
- Transparent Data Encryption
- Experience with loading external data files into Oracle databases
- Oracle SODA experience
- Oracle BI Publisher reports developer
- 13c Oracle Enterprise Manager Management
- Oracle Linux
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
- Oracle SQL coding development and JSON (experience with Oracle 12c or 19c and JSON is required) ß This is usually a Oracle SQL developer.
- Experience loading external data files into Oracle databases
- Oracle SODA experience would be a very nice to have.
- OEM management skill.
- Bachelors Degree
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.