AWS Cloud Architect | Req#2844
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or the start date, if after December 8.
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for an AWS Cloud Solutions Architect requiring a Secret clearance located in the DC Metro area. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense. As the Cloud Solutions Architect you will develop and coordinate cloud architecture; develops a cloud strategy and coordinates the adaptation process; work closely with IT security to monitor and develop incident-response procedures; direct infrastructure movement procedure, including bulk application transfers into the cloud environment.
What is in it for you?
- This is a leading-edge technology position enabling you to take the organization beyond current technologies and lead cloud services activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish best practices for cloud across the customer organization.
- Selecting cloud providers and vetting third-party services.
- Assessing applications, software and hardware.
- Propose suggestions and best practices to optimize cloud presence, performance, security, and cost.
- Develop new specs, documentation; and partake in the development of technical procedures and user guides.
- Experience: 8+ years of experience in working with various cloud technologies.
- Education: B.S. Computer Science or related field.
- Certification: AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
- 8+ years experience leading and solutioning for a government customer utilizing Amazon Web Services
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.