DataShare / Oracle Developer - Senior (Secret Clearance Required) | Req#2395
ActioNet is looking for a DataShare developer with an Active Secret Clearance, located in Vienna, VA.
Summary: As a DataShare developer, you will be responsible for supporting web applications focusing on web services and backend. Your primary responsibility will be to support upgrades, migrations and maintenance of these applications and web services and to coordinate with the rest of the team troubleshooting and working on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
Provides extremely high-level subject matter proficiency for work described in the task. Provides advanced technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environment, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, training, and implementation advice on complex problems that require doctorate level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation
- Responsible for creating, operating, maintaining and enhancing Department of State data feeds.
- Serve as a Point of Contact for government managers and external agencies regarding Department of State inter-agency operations
- Support troubleshooting Web Service issues with other teams in Non-Production and Production Environments
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
- Requires a secret clearance; a top-secret clearance is preferred
- Knowledge of SQL and understanding of PL/SQL, stored procedures, packages, triggers, and complex queries
- Database and web code troubleshooting skills
- Strong knowledge of Web Services and XML language
- Quick learner with a strong customer support focus
- Team-player, must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Should be detail oriented, motivated, and organized
- Skill for writing reusable libraries
- Hands-on experience with tools like TOAD is a plus
- Familiarity and experience with version control required, preferably Git
- Department of State experience a plus
- 6+ years of full application development life-cycle with development methodologies (analysis, architecture, design, development, testing and deployment); Agile methodology is preferred.
- Familiar with Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, or equivalent work experience
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.