WebSphere Engineer/Architect | Req#2788
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a WebSphere Engineer/Architect requiring a DoD Secret clearance. This position is open for Remote work. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
What is in it for you?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
- The WebSphere Engineer/Architect will lead a team with overall responsibility in performing operations and maintenance on a system using IBM WebSphere suite of applications.
- The team will develop the Operations and Maintenance Guide and shall include the following: maintenance schedules, restart procedures, configuration guides, roles and responsibilities, backup and restore procedures, patching guidelines, IP addresses, logical and physical architecture diagrams, and an inventory of the software and hardware.
- The team shall maintain all the portlets listed under Web Content Management (WCM) Configuration section of the configuration and portlet files (provided as GFI) – Infrastructure maintenance will include support for the applications provided as GFI. Errors, faults, and bugs shall be resolved within 7 working days. The maintenance backlog will not exceed 15 unresolved items.
- Travel may be required
- Candidate must already possess a DoD Secret clearance.
- Candidate shall have documented experience with portal development, preferably with IBM WebSphere Portal suite of products.
- Candidate is required to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related work experience
- Candidate needs to have experience leading a team.