Information Assurance Engineer | Req#2034
Actionet is looking for an Information Assurance Engineer requiring an Active Secret Clearance located in Charleston, SC or New Orleans, LA.
- Develop Security Requirements Traceability Matrix (STRM), aligning security requirements with the individual components of a system.
- Provide automated and manual validations of Information Assurance Controls (IACs) and Validation Procedures (VPs) in accordance with the DoD Guidelines, CNSSI 1253 and/or NIST 800-Publications.
- Perform checks of systems and applications for IA vulnerabilities using approved automated IA tools (ACAS, SCAP-compliant scanners, DISA STIG Viewer, etc.), custom scripts and manually (Security Technical Implementation Guides [STIGS]).
- Document raw findings in a quick look report, for customer notification. Create and maintain system Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Perform self-assessments and Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) for DoD and other federal agencies.
- Support the development and documentation of risk assessment results and recommendations using identified threats, applicable vulnerabilities, and likelihood of occurrence within context of risk tolerances; providing recommendations for corrective actions and mitigation strategies.
- Produce security risk assessment briefs and reports for delivery to stakeholders and senior management.
- Consult on current and upcoming projects covering all levels of IT security.
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
- Must have a DoD 8570.1-M IAT Level II certification prior to hire
- Minimum 7 years of related experience required
- A Secret Clearance is mandatory upon start
- U.S. Citizen only for Federal Clearance Requirement
- Experience administering or configuring Window Severs/ VMware EXSI/ Database (SQL, Oracle)/Web (IIS,Apache)/ SharePoint/ Linux/Unix/Solaris/ Cisco Network gear (Switches, Routers, ASA, etc.) F5/Palo Alto/ Brocade Devices /SANS-NAS.
- Experience performing risk assessments and audits.
- Experience using DoD approved tools (ACAS, SCAP-compliant scanners, etc.).
- Knowledge of the overall Risk Management Framework and NIST compliance as a security professional.
- Understanding of cyber defensive architecture and technologies required to protect, detect, and respond to cyber threats.
- Experience presenting to clients or management to present technical and non-technical information to allow key personnel to make informed decisions.
- Familiarity with information security documents, government orders, notices, and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Engineering, IT, Computer Science or related field) or equivalent.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.