Web Application Developer | Req#2730
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a C# Developer requiring a Public Trust Clearance Level located in Washington DC Metro Area (including Suitland MD, Greenbelt MD, Silver Spring MD). Are you ready to join our great Web Development team? You would be responsible for building and updating existing C# applications; including back and front-end counterparts. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
You will join a close-knit and highly technical team of web developers and systems administrators that support and provide web development to Ocean and Atmospheric Research (OAR) entities using DotNetNuke (DNN), .net, SQL Server and other applications. This is a standard work week environment supporting the Department of Commerce customers across the globe.
What is in it for you?
- You will be stepping into a mature team where you can leverage your expertise in C# and other web development skills - raising the web site development bar of excellence
- You will support a Senior Web Developer/Database Engineer and peer Web Developers
- You will be on the forefront of leading weather, geospatial and satellite web page development that services scientist, institutions, analysts and citizens across the globe
- You will join a supportive and engaged customer and working environment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop database driven web applications using C# and SQL server based on client’s requirements.
- Collaborate with DBA in developing views, stored procedures and SSIS packages
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# solutions
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- 1-3 years of experience in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiarity with C++ or .NET framework (ASP.NET 3.5 and up)
- Familiarity with DotNetNuke (DNN) and other Content Management Softwares like WordPress
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server 2016, experience with older versions accepted
- Ability to communicate with clients and team members clearly and effectively about C# code built for various web applications
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GitHub)
- Familiar with NETAJAX UI framework controls
- Familiar with Visual Studio 2016
- 1-3+ years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.