Infrastructure Engineer - Engineer/Scientist | Req#2111
ActioNet is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer with an Active Secret Clearance located in New Orleans, LA or Charleston, SC. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable communicating with end users with proven skills in all tiers - front-end, middle and back-end.
- Our Transition and Integration Engineering team provides the United States Navy with system integration engineers who are skilled in the automated provisioning and migration of enterprise Naval capabilities into the cloud and on-premises Navy Enterprise Data Center.
- We are looking for a Mid-Senior level Engineer with an infrastructure-related background that has experience in the creation, migration, and maintenance of DoD Cloud systems.
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
- Ten (10) years of experience in designing and/or sustaining Information Technology systems and applications to include: Technology Analysis and Assessment, Design Definition, Development of Systems Specification, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Integration, Test & Evaluation Criteria and Authorization & Accreditation of C4ISR requirements.
- Five (5) years of technical experience in support of the virtualization, rationalization and modernization of DON IT systems in both Component Enterprise Data Centers and cloud hosting environments.
- 5+ years’ software development OR system administration experience with complex IT systems
- 3+ years’ experience integrating Linux or Windows Servers into virtualized environment
- 5+ year of commercial cloud provider experience with AWS or Azure (will consider experience with GCP)
- US Citizenship is required - Must have or be able to obtain an Active DoD Secret security clearance with an active SSBI
- This position will require you to eventually obtain a valid CompTIA Security+ certification to satisfy IAT-II requirements
- Experience in infrastructure automation and DevSecOps integration
- Ability to program in one or more scripting languages such as: Bash, Powershell, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Virtual Networking experience with F5, Juniper, Cisco or other software defined networking.
- Experience with CI/CD or DevOps tools such as: Git, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform.
- Specific experience with AWS GovCloud or AWS Solutions Architect – Associates certification.
Education & Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics or Computer Sciences.
- Develops infrastructure-as-code and configuration-as-code artifacts (CloudFormation/Ansible) to deploy, configure, and manage a variety of technologies.
- Configuration management experience utilizing Ansible and/or CloudFormation (will consider experience with Terraform, Puppet, Chef, SALT).
- Document processes and services for use by cloud application development teams.
- An understanding of IP networking fundamentals and network security.
- Participates in Agile process to develop tasking, describe technical solutions, and test deployed systems.
- Researches problems discovered by quality reviews and develops solutions.
- Leverages scripting and other automation tasks to manage infrastructure and software.
- Researches, designs, and develops system infrastructure, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Provides inputs to technical assessments related to the cost, efficiency, and security posture of a system.
- Develops system infrastructure testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Identifies creative solutions to improve system and product offerings.
- Provide consultation and support services for the full life cycle of software product development. These activities will include communication with the user community during requirements analysis, prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems.
- Collaborates with technical writers to create customer-relevant documentation.
- Coordinates with project work teams to ensure adherence to policies, achievement of quality targets and delivery on schedule milestones.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.