Technical Proposal Writer | Req#2963
The ActioNet Proposal Management Team is seeking an self-driven and experienced Technical Proposal Writer to join our Vienna, VA team in direct support of Proposal and Capture Managers. Technical Proposal Writing candidates must possess demonstrated skills in written and verbal communications, as well as highly developed analytical skills. The Technical Proposal Writer will support the development of high quality proposal content consistent with RFP/RFQ/RFI requirements and evaluation criteria. This position is Hybrid, requiring one day in the office.
The Technical Proposal Writer is responsible for the following tasks:
- Ensure that ActioNet proposal writing is:
- Clear and Coherent – proposal content is logically organized, well written, and clearly outlines ActioNet’s approach to meeting and exceeding RFP/RFQ/RFI requirements.
- Concise – technical solutions are concisely writing within established page count requirements without sacrificing technical content.
- Technically Acceptable and Accurate – proposal writing specifically and accurately demonstrates ActioNet’s approach to meeting the proposed customer’s technical needs.
- Grammatically Correct
- Coordinate with ActioNet’s technical solutioning Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to define proposal-specific technical responses for each RFP. The Technical Writer is responsible for ensuring that each tailored technical solution is persuasively and accurately conveyed with our proposal response.
- Participate in pre-proposal release solutioning sessions in coordination with ActioNet SMEs, the Proposal and Capture Managers, teaming partners, and assigned proposal writers to develop proposal response approaches.
- Interview and communicate with ActioNet SMEs to document and develop compliant and compelling proposal response content.
- Develop graphics in coordination with ActioNet graphic designers which accurately convey technical concepts and supplement written proposal content. Graphics may include tables, diagrams, flowcharts, process overviews, and/or any other graphic or visual representation.
- Research technical concepts and write proposal responses based on that research.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, or any technical disciplines (i.e., computer science, hardware or software engineering, cybersecurity, cloud)
- 4-5 years of technical writing experience.
- 2-3 years of proposal writing experience.
- Strong understanding of Government Proposals (i.e., RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, etc.) and the Proposal Response process.
- Understanding of Information Technology (IT) concepts, management processes, and Federal Government IT service delivery best practices.
- Ability to adhere to brand voice, tone, and style guidelines
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail oriented, have strong organizational skills, as well as exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
ActioNet is a CMMI-DEV Level 4, CMMI-SVC Level 4, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, HDI-certified, woman-owned IT Solutions Provider with strong qualifications and expertise in Agile Software Engineering, Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security and IT Managed Services. With 24+ years of stellar past performance, ActioNet is the premier Trusted Innogrator!
At ActioNet, our Passion for Quality is at the heart of everything we do:
- We are committed to make ActioNet a great place to work and continue to invest in our ActioNeters
- We are committed to our customers by driving and sustaining Service Delivery Excellence
- We are committed to give back to our Community, help others and make the world a better place for our next generation
ActioNet is proud to be named as a Top Workplace for the ninth year in a row (2014 - 2022). We have 98% of Customer retention rate. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career. Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.