Location: Flexible within the United States; up to 40% travel required
Position is available: Immediately
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
The Partnership Management Team plays a critical role in cultivating exceptional experiences and unceasing value for ANet partners by acting as a trusted advisor, identifying and communicating with partners on service opportunities, and serving as a broker across ANet cross-functional teams to best meet partner needs. As an Account Manager, you will develop a comprehensive understanding of partner needs and maintain an awareness of the competitive education landscape, local education politics, and funding opportunities. You will leverage that knowledge to ensure confidence in the partnership investment and ANet’s products and service offerings. This position will report to the Vice President, Partnership Management and will be a member of ANet’s Partnership Success team.
The ideal candidate is passionate about and has a record of success cultivating and building long-term relationships as the key point of contact for a specified portfolio of clients and serving as a liaison between the partner and cross-functional teams. They have a strong background in project management, instructional leadership, familiarity with Math and ELA content knowledge, strategic planning, business development, and a working knowledge of ANet’s product and service design and offerings.
Serve as trusted advisor and steward for partners
● Develop and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with assigned partners, stakeholders and executive sponsors as the primary point-of-contact.
● Proactively build knowledge and expertise by participating in relevant educational opportunities and professional organizations, reading professional publications, maintaining personal/professional networks.
● Serve and support partners a variety of mediums, including email, phone, online presentations, screen-share and in-person meetings.
Lead and navigate internal coordination of products and services for partners to achieve goals
● Liaise between partners and ANet internal teams to deliver products and services.
● Develop and set partnership success metrics.
● Coordinate with internal cross-functional team members assigned the same partners to ensure consistent and exceptional service on a day-to-day basis.
● Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our products and service offerings aligned to partner needs and objectives.
● Track and maintain records of partner interactions in the appropriate CRM or CSM.
● Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders - constantly diagnosing, understanding progress and performance, and providing enhancement recommendations.
Maximize current-year relationships while also realizing the longer-term vision of partnership with schools and districts
● Ensure timely and strategic renewal conversations throughout the year with an eye toward renewing or expanding work with ~80% of partners.
● Identify, scope and communicate opportunities to appropriately grow service and product offerings with existing partners.
● Thought-partner with internal cross-functional teams, including Partnership Development and Service teams, to onboard and integrate new partners.
● Forecast and track key partnership account metrics including the monitoring and analysis of partners’ product usage and service experience.
Support internal ANet growth and improvement
● Capture and codify partner management best practices to build a model for system- and school-level account management.
● Serve as an internal thought partner to consistently improve system- and school-level impact by sharing lessons learned.
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
● You bring prior experience supporting sales or service for individual schools or systems
● You bring a strong understanding of the educational landscape with the ability to build context quickly for other system partners in the future
● You know how to read and respond to unspoken and implicit cues as well as excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills; you bring high emotional intelligence and an ability to connect with others and drive toward action through strong, clear communication with key decision-makers
● You bring a deep understanding of ANet’s services, structure, and strategy and thrive at leveraging that expertise in order to make connections between people, tools, and resources
● You bring curiosity to solving complex problems and ability to think boldly to maximize new opportunities; you are skilled in quickly identifying symptoms, root causes, and solutions, particularly within complex systems/organizations
● You are willing to travel to the partner schools and systems within your portfolio
● You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels
● You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values. You advance ANet’s work towards becoming an anti-racist organization in how you lead and work with internal and external partners.
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; generous paid time-off including: vacation, 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays, a paid floating holiday, paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.