Part-Time Human Resources and Payroll Associate
Location: Flexible within the United States
Position available: Immediately
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities, deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times’ “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
We are seeking an HR and Payroll Associate to respond to inquiries addressed to ANet’s HR inbox, assist with coordinating ANet’s paid time off (PTO) and leave processes, and administer ANet’s payroll and benefits. The HR Associate will serve as one of ANet’s main point of contacts with Insperity, our PEO, regarding all payroll matters and will ensure that all data within the system is accurate. The HR and Payroll Associate will also provide exemplary customer service, serving as a resource to our employees as needed so they understand ANet’s policies and get the most out of ANet’s benefits. This role will execute solutions that ensure staff members have a positive experience of our payroll, benefits, and that ANet’s HR work embodies our core values and anti-racist standards. The HR and Payroll Associate will report to the Director, HR & People Operations and will work in close partnership with Insperity’s payroll specialist to accurately run payroll.
Manage the day-to-day administration of ANet’s payroll, benefits and HR policy systems
● Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing for biweekly and semimonthly employees
● Provide direct support to staff members going on leave while ensuring compliance with state (e.g., CA, NY) and federal (e.g. DOL, OSHA) legislation
● Administer employer-sponsored benefits plans including health, disability and 401K
● Communicate benefits and payroll updates to Insperity and third-party vendors
● Maintain accurate HR records within Insperity’s information and timekeeping systems
● Respond to internal and external requests for employee data
Provide strong customer service to employees, including proactive communication and education to staff
● Manage ANet’s HR inbox, responding directly to all employee questions and concerns or directing inquires to the appropriate point of contact
● Ensure employees and managers are equipped with relevant information regarding ANet payroll and benefits
● Maintain intranet resource page so ANet employees and managers have a user-friendly “one stop shop” for accessing resources and information, including organizational chart and staff directory
● Maximize employees’ experience and satisfaction with ANet’s payroll and benefits processes
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, ideal candidates must demonstrate the following:
● You bring at least 3 years’ experience of payroll execution with a demonstrated commitment to people’s positive experience
● You have a careful attention to detail and a passion for strong, consistent execution
● You are committed to learn and will take on additional responsibilities as necessary
● You bring a proactive customer service orientation, with a particular ability to quickly and accurately understand the needs of others and flexibly provide effective and efficient service
● You are adept at communicating information clearly with others, including through presentations and policy writing
● You are able to handle confidential matters with appropriate discretion
● You have a proven ability to work independently with a strong sense of accountability
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
● Hands-on experience with Insperity
● Experience working in HR virtually
● Professional HR certification
This is a temporary, part-time position (10-15 hours per week) and is paid at a rate of $20.00/hour. ANet is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, team-oriented organization that is committed to the professional development of all staff members. Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to join an exceptional team of colleagues committed to helping schools to close the achievement gap.
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.