Specialist, Partnership Operations
Specialist, Partnership Operations
Location: Flexible within the United States; some travel required
Position is available: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
The Partnership Operations Team works alongside ANet’s sales teams to cultivate, set up, and renew partners. This individual will manage the operations experience across multiple ANet teams including Sales, Finance, Service, and Instructional Products to ensure that each school and system ANet partners with has a successful and impactful partnership experience.
As a Specialist on the Partnership Operations Team, you will contribute to the success of ANet’s partners by conducting critical market research, collaborating with colleagues on sales and renewal strategy, managing key deliverables through multiple stakeholders and steps, organizing cross-team collaboration, and creating materials that help our partners make meaning and take action on partnership data. By maintaining strong operations and providing thought partnership behind the scenes, you will set partner-facing staff members up for success and will ensure that partners maintain a deep understanding of the value of ANet’s services. Reporting to the Managing Director of Partnership Operations, you will work most closely with other members of the Partnership Operations and Sales teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Work across teams to create actionable instructional and practice data insights that will drive strategic conversations with clients and ensure partnerships are on track for impact and renewal
● Analyze partner data to recommend and support shifts in account management strategy
● Collaborate with account managers to build a year-long trajectory of touchpoints for multi-level partnerships including the presentation of actionable data insights
● Manage across multiple teams to collect and present data insights that support the goals of multi-level partnership touchpoints including insights that highlight stories of impact, demonstrate the value of partnership, and/or drive action
Increase ANet's depth of knowledge about client context
● Develop an expert understanding of the local landscape in prioritized geographies aligned to sales and account management strategy and plans
● Recommend revisions, gather input, and adjust geography- and client-specific strategies in response to this market research
● Execute local growth strategies including project managing the sales and account management teams to execute these plans
Co-facilitate the client cultivation process from prospecting through the launch and management of engagements
● Create a plan to secure and cultivate new leads in prioritized geographies; gather input from key stakeholders across the organization to refine and finalize these plans; and execute and/or project manage the sales team to execute these plans
● Build strategy alongside account managers to ensure partners are on track to renew and to maximize the impact of ANet’s coaching and products. Independently execute portions of this strategy and project manage account managers to make progress in alignment with this strategy when their involvement is required
● Build strategy for strengthening the use of Salesforce by sales and account management teams to ensure Salesforce accurately captures sales and revenue data; execute strategy, including training colleagues
● Lead special projects and solutions, as needed (i.e. RFPs, data systems, etc.)
Manage partners' progression through the proposal, contract execution, and onboarding experience by ensuring seamless coordination across ANet teams
● Draft and finalize proposals demonstrating ANet’s value proposition for existing and new partners
○ Provide guidance and recommendations around pricing, discounting, and non-standard offering processes
○ Troubleshoot questions and customized requests from schools and districts and identify multiple options and approaches for accommodating these requests
○ Lead cross-functional teams to determine the most appropriate offering for a given partner
● Research and codify the information needed to generate contracts and collect payment; monitor the status and take action on outstanding contracts with partners
● Project manage the partner onboarding experience
○ Convene key stakeholders to track and facilitate the onboarding experience
○ Build a multi-level partnership set-up strategy, monitor progress along the way, and take action to problem solve and adjust course
○ Collaborate with other teams to innovate and improve partnership set-up processes and systems
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
● You have 2-4 years of related experience managing complex projects and are skilled in managing a multitude of tasks, actions, and people simultaneously
● You are experienced at digging into data with an analytical eye to pull out meaningful headlines
● You have prior experience with tools that support customer relationship management (i.e. Salesforce, Planhat) and data visualization (i.e. Tableau)
● You are a collaborative team player experienced at communicating and managing projects with diverse internal and external stakeholders
● You seize opportunities to solve challenges and improve processes
● You are your happiest and most successful in entrepreneurial, collaborative, and fast-paced environments
● You get excited about supporting others to do their best work and consistently go above and beyond in meeting the needs of your team and external partners
● You are eager to receive and implement feedback
● You are comfortable with and have past experience learning new technology platforms at an accelerated pace and provide support to others as they adjust to the learning curve
● You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels
● You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
● You have prior experience working in an operations or sales support role within the K-12 education sector and/or within a nonprofit organization
WHAT WE OFFER
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values-driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having an impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
We offer comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: medical, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; generous paid time-off including 10 paid holidays and paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; paid parental leave; educational expenses reimbursements; flexible spending accounts; professional development; a 401(k) plan with a 4% match; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance. We also offer an inclusive environment where we welcome you to bring your whole self to work every day.
The salary range for this position is $63,600 - $95,400. New staff members typically start between the range minimum and midpoint based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. In order to uphold our commitment to equity, ANet does not negotiate pay.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your application online.
ANet has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy, which requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or obtain an approval for exemption due to medical or religious reasons prior to commencement of employment unless applicable state or local law provides otherwise.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.