Client Accounting Specialist
Awarded Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2022 & 2023!
AccountingDepartment.com is the leader in outsourced virtual accounting services for businesses - and our family is growing! Perhaps your next career adventure awaits!
AccountingDepartment.com never settles with status quo. We strive to make sure our staff have plenty of opportunities that broaden skill sets and ultimately enhance career satisfaction while working here. If you're someone who wants to make a difference, is a confident communicator, loves a good challenge, and happily embraces change, then we sound like a perfect match!
It's been an exciting 19 years at AccountingDepartment.com! We hope you will join us as we continue this exciting revolutionary journey we are on.
The Client Accounting Specialist’s responsibilities include A/P, A/R, payroll and month-end closing processes, as well as other accounting related functions as requested by client. The successful candidate will be able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple client needs, while maintaining a high level of accounting services and professionalism. Must be comfortable with communicating with clients, both on the phone and webcam, while placing a high emphasis on client service in this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily accounts payable, accounts receivable/invoicing and banking for multiple clients, as required
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of daily transactions
- Posting of journal entries to balance sheet and income statement based upon predetermined methods and routines
- Update balance sheet accounts, including weekly and monthly reconciliations
- Conduct daily posting and/or downloads for bank accounts/credit cards, as required
- Process client payroll with 3rd party vendor
- Successfully use, monitor and review any 3rd party applications per client request/requirements
- Review and process monthly and/or quarterly sales and use tax, as required
- Reconcile quarterly payroll filings with the general ledger
- Review and manage month end close process
- Occasional special projects as requested
- Lead client calls to provide high emphasis on customer service
- Supports budget and forecasting activities
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years performing full charge bookkeeping
- 3-5 years using QuickBooks and/or NetSuite Software
- Exceptional attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to interact with various levels of management, staff and clients internally and externally
- Working knowledge of prepaids, accruals, and deferred revenue
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple clients simultaneously
- Strong work ethic
- Interest in 3rd party applications to enhance efficiencies
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be decisive and work well with a deadline driven environment
- Confident in one’s abilities and able to work independently, with minimal direction
If these are the things that you are passionate about and excite you, then we should talk!
Working at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC
The people at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC are passionate about their work and are driven by innovation. Each and every day we strive for excellence. Our work environment is equal parts casual and professional. We’re serious about our business and delivering the best service to our clients, but we also make it a priority to keep things fun and exciting.
- Work from home, W-2 position
- Three work schedule options including Full-Time, Flex-Time or Part-Time (Part-Time hours must be M-F 9am-3pm in your time zone, with flexibility to accommodate client calls and meetings outside of those hours as needed)
- Summer Hours from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- Group Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Accident Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Participation in a company wide annual bonus incentive plan
- $25 monthly internet stipend
- Virtual employee groups, clubs, and activities throughout the year
- Casual dress
How to become part of our future success:
If you believe you have what it takes to assume this new role, you must submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for this position. Kindly include your salary requirements in the cover letter. Only candidates that submit these criteria will be considered.
AccountingDepartment.com is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at AccountingDepartment.com is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.