Accounting Proposal Analyst
Awarded Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2022 & 2023!
AccountingDepartment.com is the leader in outsourced virtual accounting services for businesses - and our family is growing! Perhaps your next career adventure awaits!
AccountingDepartment.com never settles with status quo. We strive to make sure our staff have plenty of opportunities that broaden skill sets and ultimately enhance career satisfaction while working here. If you're someone who wants to make a difference, is a confident communicator, loves a good challenge, and happily embraces change, then we sound like a perfect match!
It's been an exciting 19 years at AccountingDepartment.com! We hope you will join us as we continue this exciting revolutionary journey we are on.
You must have accounting experience to be considered for this position.
The Proposal Analyst is responsible for assisting in the development, coordination, and creation of proposals and addendums for potential and existing clients. This role involves collaborating with cross-functional teams, conducting analysis of files, and ensuring that proposals and addendums are well-organized and tailored to meet the specific needs of each opportunity. The Proposal Analyst plays a vital role in AccountingDepartment.com’s business development efforts.
There are two parts to this role:
1. Prospective Clients: The Proposal Analyst provides a bridge between the Sales and Implementation process. Starting with the initial review of the prospective clients’ existing QuickBooks file, the Proposal Analyst provides an overview of the prospect’s current file and highlights topics of discussion for the File Review call. The Proposal Analyst will attend the File Review call (along with other members of the AccountingDepartment.com Proposal Team and prospective client), take notes and prepare the proposal documents. Once a prospect becomes a client, the Proposal Analyst will prepare and deliver the pertinent information to the Implementation Team for a smooth transition from prospect to client.
2. Existing Clients: The Proposal Analyst will be responsible for creating & reviewing addendums to existing client agreements where opportunities are identified and changes are necessary. This position will meticulously review existing client files and work closely with the Client Services Team to ensure that addendums are accurate and clear in the changes of scope of work.
At times the role may focus more heavily on one part more than the other, depending on the current needs of the business. The Proposal Analyst will be cross trained to ensure competency in both functional areas.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a motivated individual. Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze prospects' existing QuickBooks file; prepare detailed analysis for use during data file review call with prospect, including specific topics that should be covered during the review
- Review and analyze existing client contracts and accounting files when opportunities are presented. Where applicable, create addendums that modify client’s terms and conditions in original agreement to reflect new changes in the scope of work. Reassess and amend current contracts when necessary and requested.
- Review and analyze prospects. Participate in data file review call; take notes and direct attention to topics that come up on call that need further discussion
- Participate in fact finding with prospective and existing clients when necessary to understand the various processes unique to their organization
- Apply analytical and critical thinking skills to develop insights and recommendations gathered from file analysis to contribute to the prospective and existing client’s proposals or addendums.
- Prepare draft proposal documents and time estimate worksheets, according to AccountingDepartment.com’s terms and conditions. Review with Proposal Management to finalize proposal options.
- Review individual contracts for completeness and understand the intricacies
- Review existing data file analysis; data file review call and notes, proposal preparation process and make suggestions for improvements
- Help research solutions and new technology that will help meet client needs
- Attend weekly bi-weekly Sales Call
- Serve as a resource to Implementation Team during client’s implementation process
- Stay abreast of current Implementation procedures; continue to follow projects to learn and improve the sales process
- Ability to work outside normal hours as needed to meet objectives
Essential Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years as a full charge bookkeeper
- Proficiency in researching, learning and implementing new applications to meet client and company needs
- Adept at utilizing analytical and critical thinking skills to piece together all various components of clients’ financial business processes in order to provide insights and recommend solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable questioning prospective clients for additional information during the proposal process
- Able to adapt in ambiguous situations and use sound judgment and decision making skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to keep highly organized and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize workload and shift gears based on workload and project demands
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Friendly, outgoing personality with a positive attitude and strong customer service skills who enjoys meeting and interacting with new clients and staff
- Strong communicator who is comfortable working with many different personality types
- Team oriented individual who enjoys working with others in a telecommuting environment and using a webcam
- Process documentation preferred
- Some travel for training and team meetings is required
Minimum Education & Training Required:
- Minimum Associates Degree in Accounting
- Experience at a CPA firm or outsourced accounting firm preferred
If these are the things that you are passionate about and excite you, then we should talk!
Working at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC
The people at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC are passionate about their work and are driven by innovation. Each and every day we strive for excellence. Our work environment is equal parts casual and professional. We’re serious about our business and delivering the best service to our clients, but we also make it a priority to keep things fun and exciting.
- Work from home, W-2 position
- Three work schedule options including Full-Time, Flex-Time or Part-Time (Part-Time hours must be M-F 9am-3pm in your time zone, with flexibility to accommodate client calls and meetings outside of those hours as needed)
- Summer Hours from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- Group Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Accident Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Participation in a company wide annual bonus incentive plan
- $25 monthly internet stipend
- Virtual employee groups, clubs, and activities throughout the year
- Casual dress
How to become part of our future success:
If you believe you have what it takes to assume this new role, you must submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for this position. Kindly include your salary requirements in the cover letter. Only candidates that submit these criteria will be considered.
AccountingDepartment.com is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at AccountingDepartment.com is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.