Client Implementation Accounting Specialist - QuickBooks and/or NetSuite
Awarded Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2022 & 2023!
AccountingDepartment.com is the leader in outsourced virtual accounting services for businesses - and our family is growing! Perhaps your next career adventure awaits!
AccountingDepartment.com never settles with status quo. We strive to make sure our staff have plenty of opportunities that broaden skill sets and ultimately enhance career satisfaction while working here. If you're someone who wants to make a difference, is a confident communicator, loves a good challenge, and happily embraces change, then we sound like a perfect match!
It's been an exciting 19 years at AccountingDepartment.com! We hope you will join us as we continue this exciting revolutionary journey we are on.
The Client Implementation Accounting Specialist works behind the scenes within the Implementation Team to assist with ensuring all client deliverables are achieved in a timely fashion during the client onboarding process. The Client Implementation Accounting Specialist will be responsible for various special projects, back work and daily projects as assigned within Implementation Team. This is a behind the scenes role that will typically not include client calls, but may have some email correspondence with clients. The Client Implementation Accounting Specialist will play an integral role by supporting the Implementation Division with achieving their client related goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Full Cycle Accounting (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger)
- Set up customer and vendor accounts
- Perform daily bank reconciliation of deposits
- Post daily cash receipts from lockbox and electronic deposits
- Post Journal Entries into QuickBooks
- Land Freight Costs into QuickBooks
- Assist with monthly close process
- Document and prepare financial reports
- Assess, organize, and prioritize tasks, responsibilities for multiple clients on a daily basis to meet onboarding goals and deadlines
- Exercises sound judgment in making decisions while working on individual client needs
- When needed, train Client Accounting Specialists when transitioning client to Client Services team
- Display confidence in identifying problems and make recommendations on solutions
- Provide feedback to Implementation Project Managers & Implementation Leads on Client Accounting Specialists performance during training
Essential Skills & Experience:
- QuickBooks or NetSuite finance module experience
- Proficient with excel (Vlookups, Sumifs and Pivot Tables).
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences. Tailor delivery based on experience level and skillset, while demonstrating patience.
- Keen attention to detail and demonstrated accuracy and speed in current role
- Ability to follow instruction, while also being able to evaluate new solutions or greater efficiencies in those instructions.
- Strong emphasis on customer service
- Flexible; able to shift priorities easily
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and assignments
- Proficiency in researching, learning and implementing new applications to meet client and company needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven judgment and decision making skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Team oriented individual who enjoys working with others
Minimum Education & Training Required:
- 2-3 Years of QuickBooks and/or NetSuite Experience
If these are the things that you are passionate about and excite you, then we should talk!
Working at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC
The people at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC are passionate about their work and are driven by innovation. Each and every day we strive for excellence. Our work environment is equal parts casual and professional. We’re serious about our business and delivering the best service to our clients, but we also make it a priority to keep things fun and exciting.
- Work from home, W-2 position
- Three work schedule options including Full-Time, Flex-Time or Part-Time (Part-Time hours must be M-F 9am-3pm in your time zone, with flexibility to accommodate client calls and meetings outside of those hours as needed)
- Summer Hours from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- Group Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Accident Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Participation in a company wide annual bonus incentive plan
- $25 monthly internet stipend
- Virtual employee groups, clubs, and activities throughout the year
- Casual dress
How to become part of our future success:
If you believe you have what it takes to assume this new role, you must submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for this position. Kindly include your salary requirements in the cover letter. Only candidates that submit these criteria will be considered.
AccountingDepartment.com is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at AccountingDepartment.com is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.