Awarded Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2022 & 2023!
AccountingDepartment.com is the leader in outsourced virtual accounting services for businesses - and our family is growing! Perhaps your next career adventure awaits!
AccountingDepartment.com never settles with status quo. We strive to make sure our staff have plenty of opportunities that broaden skill sets and ultimately enhance career satisfaction while working here. If you're someone who wants to make a difference, is a confident communicator, loves a good challenge, and happily embraces change, then we sound like a perfect match!
It's been an exciting 19 years at AccountingDepartment.com! We hope you will join us as we continue this exciting revolutionary journey we are on.
This role is a leadership position accountable for managing the activities of Client Accounting Specialists. The ideal candidate will be a strong individual contributor, while providing exceptional outsourced controllership and advisory services as well as strategic direction to various clients.
This individual is responsible for budgets, forecasts, analytics, and developing KPIs, while providing insight and making recommendations to clients. While the pace of the work is faster than average, the timeliness and quality of results is never compromised. The nature of the work requires quick decision-making, based on knowledge of pertinent information and an intention to reduce risk factors as much as possible. An active, positive response to a variety of challenges and time pressures is also required. The Client Controller must be self-motivated and be able to provide superior and responsive professional services for clients and staff in a virtual environment to create an unparalleled experience for all. This position is an integral part of the leadership team and reports directly to the Director of Client Services.
How You Will Contribute:
- Develop policies and procedures as they relate to client service
- Develop the role of the Client Controller function to our client base
- Ongoing phone consultations with client base
- Enhance reporting and analysis to our client base
- Support and train our accounting staff in performance of their daily responsibilities
- Month-end closing and issuance of financial reports to all clients every month
- Implementation and start-up of new clients
- Special client projects
- Partner with outside CPA firms on tax planning and auditing for clients
- Experience building a team/department (in growth mode)
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Extensive knowledge in accounting and tax for businesses in the under $20M market
- 7 years accounting experience, including 2 years public accounting experience and 3 years supervisory experience
- Ability to multitask and set daily, weekly and monthly priorities
- High degree of computer literacy, including extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office, and specifically Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Minimum Education & Training Required:
- CPA strongly preferred
- Several years of direct, client facing outsourced accounting experience
- Strong experience with QuickBooks and/or other accounting software packages preferred
- Minimum Bachelors Degree preferred
If these are the things that you are passionate about and excite you, then we should talk!
Working at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC
The people at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC are passionate about their work and are driven by innovation. Each and every day we strive for excellence. Our work environment is equal parts casual and professional. We’re serious about our business and delivering the best service to our clients, but we also make it a priority to keep things fun and exciting.
- Work from home, W-2 position
- Summer Hours from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- Group Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Accident Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Participation in a company wide annual bonus incentive plan
- $25 monthly internet stipend
- Virtual employee groups, clubs, and activities throughout the year
- Casual dress
How to become part of our future success:
If you believe you have what it takes to assume this new role, you must submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for this position. Kindly include your salary requirements in the cover letter. Only candidates that submit these criteria will be considered.
AccountingDepartment.com is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at AccountingDepartment.com is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.