Remote Senior Controller, CPA
AccountingDepartment.com is the leader in outsourced virtual accounting services for businesses - and our family is growing! Perhaps your next career adventure awaits!
AccountingDepartment.com never settles with status quo. We strive to make sure our staff have plenty of opportunities that broaden skill sets and ultimately enhance career satisfaction while working here. If you're someone who wants to make a difference, is a confident communicator, loves a good challenge, and happily embraces change, then we sound like a perfect match!
It's been an exciting 18 years at AccountingDepartment.com! We hope you will join us as we continue this exciting revolutionary journey we are on.
This role is a leadership position accountable for managing the activities of Accounting Specialists. The ideal candidate will be a strong individual contributor, while providing exceptional outsourced controllership and advisory services as well as strategic direction to various clients.
This individual is responsible for budgets, forecasts, analytics, and developing KPIs, while providing insight and making recommendations to clients. While the pace of the work is faster than average, the timeliness and quality of results is never compromised. The nature of the work requires quick decision-making, based on knowledge of pertinent information and an intention to reduce risk factors as much as possible. An active, positive response to a variety of challenges and time pressures is also required. The Senior Controller must be self-motivated and be able to provide superior and responsive professional services for clients and staff in a virtual environment to create an unparalleled experience for all. This position is an integral part of the leadership team and reports directly to the Director of Client Services.
How You Will Contribute:
- Develop policies and procedures as they relate to client service
- Develop the role of the Controller function to our client base
- Ongoing phone consultations with client base
- Enhance reporting and analysis to our client base
- Support and train our accounting staff in performance of their daily responsibilities
- Month-end closing and issuance of financial reports to all clients every month
- Implementation and start-up of new clients
- Special client projects
- Tax planning for clients
- Experience building a team/department (in growth mode)
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Extensive knowledge in accounting and tax for businesses in the under $20M market
- 7-10 years accounting experience, including 2 years public accounting experience and 3 years supervisory experience
- Ability to multitask and set daily, weekly and monthly priorities
- High degree of computer literacy, including extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office, and specifically Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Minimum Education & Training Required:
- Certified Public Accountant - must be current. Candidates will not be considered for this position if they do not have an active CPA License.
- Strong experience with QuickBooks and/or other accounting software packages preferred
- Minimum Bachelors Degree preferred
- Must be a US Citizen residing in the US - Candidates outside of the US will not be considered. Applications submitted via job posting from California and Colorado will not be considered as we are not actively recruiting in those states.
If these are the things that you are passionate about and excite you, then we should talk!
Working at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC
The people at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC are passionate about their work and are driven by innovation. Each and every day we strive for excellence. Our work environment is equal parts casual and professional. We’re serious about our business and delivering the best service to our clients, but we also make it a priority to keep things fun and exciting.
- Work from home, W-2 position
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- Group Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Accident Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Casual dress
How to become part of our future success:
If you believe you have what it takes to assume this new role, you must submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for this position. Kindly include your salary requirements in the cover letter. Only candidates that submit these criteria will be considered.