Product Developer - Audio (PowerA)
PowerA, a division of ACCO Brands, USA LLC., is a leading third-party gaming accessory brand, and one of the fasting growing companies in the industry. We’re made up of many unique individuals who come together for one purpose: to build the most innovative accessories for the world’s most popular interactive entertainment platforms. We partner with industry giants such as Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Activision, Pokémon, and more. You can find our products at most major retailers in North America, Europe, Australia, and Latin America.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Product Developer - Audio for LucidSound products in San Diego, CA or Los Angeles, CA location(s). As a Product Developer, you will bring new product ideas for PowerA Gaming and Audio products to the team by coming up with a general concept and presenting the idea with a rough layout that will include renders, sketches, or digital illustrations. You will work in collaboration with managers, engineers, artists, and their designers to evaluate the credibility of the design and to provide solutions for possible issues relating to the actual production of this design.
- Work closely with US and overseas Product Development Team/s, marketing, sales, and supply chain.
- Manage the product development lifecycle from conception through implementation.
- Develop, market, and sell key product messages.
- Able to interpret and react to current business and market trends.
- Create presentations for new product concepts; source, develop, create, and invent product lines to support PowerA and client financial and brand business objectives.
- Create and improve products, brainstorm new ideas with product development team and integrate technical and visual solutions into a design concept.
- Research technical issues, provide expert guidance, and develop technical solutions.
- Ensure product documentation is complete, current, and accurate.
- Review product costs and ensure cost discrepancies are communicated as needed.
- Manage and delivery samples for line reviews and/or trade shows.
- Licensor product testing, and certification utilizing licensor testing software.
- Live gameplay testing, and validation of product/s, provide transparency on current product issues or changes.
- Maintain relationships with licensor partners, maintain roadmaps for licensors.
- Manage product development-related communication between licensors and cross functional teams.
- Maintain pertinent notes during weekly meetings with licensors.
- Work with PowerA team to compile business reports and information requested by licensor.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase licensor satisfaction and deepen relationships.
- Coordinate approval submissions.
- Discuss future opportunities or special projects.
- Product compliance management, work with compliance team on updates related to DoCs, product labels, legal requirements, etc. Ensure products meet criteria for international sale.
- Work with cross-functional team to ensure SOPs are written and update.
- Find ways to improve business efficiency.
- Other job duties and projects as assigned.
- Must be willing and able to travel 20% of the time for business purposes, both Internationally and domestically.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years Product Development experience in consumer electronics.
- Experience with product lifecycle management software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and others).
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Extensive knowledge of the video game market, and industry (preferred).
- Experience with all major gaming consoles and handhelds (preferred).
- Familiarity with consumer goods compliance requirements (preferred).
- Proven experiences in working directly with overseas teams, and vendors.
- General understanding of product development, manufacturing process, and industry safety standards.
- Strong video game console, accessory, and gaming experience.
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application.
- Superior organizational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong ability to present concept visualization through sketches, drawings, renders and illustrations; strong ability to sell a concept to a business team.
- Understanding trends within the scope of the industry they are working in.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe systems such as Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D rendering software.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong communicator who can think creatively, be detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and possess strong problem-solving, decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Strong ability in taking a customer-driven approach to creating user friendly peripherals and accessories.
- Must be accountable for results and approach obstacles proactively to resolve issue.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.