Pricing and Program Analyst (Kensington)
At Kensington, we pride ourselves on an entrepreneurial culture that empowers us to think creatively, share our thoughts, collaborate, and voice our opinions. It’s how we’ve innovated, inspired, led, learned, and succeeded for 40 years. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington is a division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers, and manufacturers of branded academic, consumer and business products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Pricing and Program Analyst for the Kensington brand. The Pricing and Program Analyst helps analyze pricing schemes and program / promotional strategies for our products to ensure we maximize our margins while also being competitive in the North America marketplace.
- Build, implement, and manage tools to evaluate / set item pricing, monitor profitability, and market price compliance.
- Evaluate existing processes, procedures, and operational challenges for establishing pricing, program investments, and promotional actions. Identify and drive cross-functional operational improvement and adoption of standard methodologies (processes, tools, etc.) to improve overall operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Enhance existing analytical tools and reports to empower the team to drive profitability and return while also ensuring integrity and accuracy in all pricing and program matters.
- Manage the price list creation and communication processes.
- Oversee the account planning process / tools and ensure team member properly account for our program commitments with timely feedback on changes and appropriate and timely accounting of our liabilities.
- Assist with pricing modeling of customers’ proposals.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Sales team to enhance our price and promotional strategies and monitor the effectiveness of executed strategies.
- Leverage data analysis / modeling to identify low margin items and influence future pricing / promotional actions with expected impact.
- Develop bid analysis model(s) to provide guidance to finding the winning balance between our bid win % and bid margins.
- Assist with development of discount programs, assist in creating promotional campaigns, compare prices set by competitors and measure customer satisfaction based on the cost of a company’s product.
- Develop knowledge of products and competitive factors, working cross functionally with sales, sales leadership, product management, marketing, sales operations, and finance.
- Support activities inclusive of new price generation and discrepancy resolution etc.
- Partner with buyers, product managers and sales department to ensure integrated profit maximizing approach to market.
- Manage price / cost models that report the impacts to price / cost changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- Preferred field of study: finance, economics, accounting, or mathematics.
- 5+ years practical experience in an analytical role, preferably within the technology industry.
- Advanced Excel and modelling skills.
- Demonstrated competency in client relationship management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with SAP is highly preferred.
- Must have ability to synthesize data and information from multiple sources to develop fact-based analyses and recommendations.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- A team player with strong leadership and project management capabilities.
- Have a good sense of finance or accounting principles.
- Evaluating costs to develop pricing strategies.
- Understanding the impact of pricing and promotions on profit margins.
- Developing and defining pricing structures.
- Understanding contract negotiations and bids as well as proposal development.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.