Associate 1, Distribution Center
Responsible for handpicking items from pallets on shelves for packaging from pick tickets, boxing items and preparing cartons for shipping, which may include placing items on conveyor and routing to proper area. Palletizing packed cartons for shipping, weighing packages, entering data and labeling items appropriately, operating mechanical jacks, and fork lifts to transport product, performing necessary paperwork for filing for specific customers. Unload and counting incoming product, and various material handling duties which may require a counter balanced forklift or pallet jack.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
- Operate a hand pallet jack. May use a forklift, pallet truck (walkie-rider) if certified.
- Unload trailers with a forklift.
- Unload trailers onto pallets by TOPS specifications.
- Operate personal computer equipment and RF (radio frequency) hand-held wands.
- Deliver merchandise to designated locations in DC by proper procedure.
- Responsible for knowing customer requirements for building a pallet (i.e. height of pallet, label location, etc).
- Follow all safety rules and regulations as well as Company rules and regulations.
- Maintain satisfactory performance levels.
- Assist in special projects as required.
- Participate in process improvement teams.
- Work overtime as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to perform all physical demands of the position including bending, stooping, reaching, walking continuously, and lifting up to 50 lbs., frequently.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, written correspondence, memos, and have the ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Prefer certification to operate the mechanical power lift devices such as forklift and/or pallet truck.
- Prefer ability to operate personal computer equipment and RF (radio frequency) hand-held wand.
Working Conditions: Time is spent on the factory floor in a factory environment. Personal safety equipment could include safety glasses, hearing protection, and possibly safety shoes. Building is temperature controlled but would be exposed to heat, cold, humidity, machine noises, and is in the proximity of moving machine parts.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, authority, skills or efforts associated with this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.