Merchandising Project Leader - Packaging
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking an experienced Merchandising Project Leader for our Kettering, OH location.
- Design merchandising/packaging specifications and coordinate cost analysis along with Marketing
- Develop Merchandising BOM’s, Packaging Instructions and Testing requirements
- Coordinate in obtaining prototype samples to evaluate form, fit, and function
- Create and communicate new item setup and updates for Engineering Changes for both art and structural requirements
- Validate, review, and audit preproduction and production golden samples per ACCO specifications and quality standards for manufactured and purchased finished goods
- Review customer manuals to insure compliance conformance to labeling and shipping needs
- Develop packaging files using TOPS software for ideal pallet/container layouts
- Communicate across multi-functional teams both domestically and internationally to execute successful programs
- Execute and manage document control of Packaging documents in various software/tools for item setup and maintenance
- Design Artwork utilizing Carton markings on Case “Tertiary” Cartons
- Collaborate on master build schedule and lead cross functional discussions for execution
- Deliver on cost savings goals on key programs and facilitate process improvements
- Collaborate on supplier relationships, line reviews, quotes for development for initial projects, execution troubleshooting
- Coordinate material buys, connect with customer ordering process and load planning process
- Approximately 10% annual travel to manufacturing facilities or suppliers is required
- 4-year technical degree; preferably in Packaging Engineering OR degree with 4+ years of experience in a manufacturing or converting environment, or in a position with corrugate or structural engineering or merchandising, manufacturing, or analytical functions.
- Good working knowledge of corrugate standards and materials, structure, or sustainable materials
- Prior knowledge of paper or corrugate converting and our product line is desirable, but not initially mandatory
- SAP experience preferred
- Product Center experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Programs, Tops, and Adobe preferred
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a PowerA® gaming controller, a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
At ACCO Brands, we are committed to providing an environment of fairness and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical and mental disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. ACCO Brands believes that a diverse and inclusive work environment is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.