Director, Regional Product Management (Kensington)
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Director, Kensington Regional Product Marketing for Kensington brand in Austin, TX and remote locations.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks. Trusted for more than 35 years as The Professional’s Choice, Kensington prides itself on the three timeless core values of design, quality, and support.
In this role, you will be responsible for optimizing a business's marketing strategies and increasing market share and competitiveness. You will evaluate consumer trends, develop marketing strategies, and monitor customer satisfaction. You will liaise with internal and external stakeholders to drive product innovation.
- Analyzing marketing strategies to identify new opportunities.
- Developing customer facing marketing and branding strategies.
- Liaising with management, marketing, sales, and production teams.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates Kensington products in the market and our value add
- Establishing targeted customer and industry partnership networks.
- Monitoring key marketing metrics and developing market segmentation models.
- Integrating user-experience feedback in product updates and innovation.
- Working with Executive team to set market share goals
- Performing competitor analysis toward an increased market share.
- Developing customer facing marketing products and branding strategies.
- Incorporating emerging solutions and technological advancements in new products.
- Engaging with business partner leaders and their teams to ensure a deep understanding of and alignment with their strategies, goals, and initiatives.
- Participate in idea exploration with team members to facilitate development of innovation.
- Partner with GPM to ensure we have the right 1-2 year roadmap for North American needs
- Forecast NPI launches
- Own market pricing and P&L for each product category
- Effectively communicate the marketing performance, opportunities, objectives, strategy, and milestones to senior leaders and key stakeholders.
- Coaching and developing RPM team
- Motivating RPM team to reach objectives
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Development, or related fields.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Product Marketing Manager in a related industry.
- 7 to 8 years working in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market experience.
- 5+ years of supervisory or management experience.
- Previous background in B2B marketing, preferably with experience in either computer accessories / technologies, early stage startups, or with exposure to small business audiences.
- Proficiency in CRM software, proficiency in Salesforce is highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of consumer behavior sciences and marketing strategies.
- Strong experience working with product teams to define product strategy.
- Demonstrable experience in product marketing and innovation.
- Exceptional ability to increase competitiveness and market share.
- Ability to develop strong customer relations and feedback channels.
- Advanced competency in researching market trends and consumer behavior.
- Ability to identify strategic industry partnerships and build effective networks.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across business, partner, and technical teams to deliver results.
- Solid analytical experience including converting raw data into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Experience with project management software and extremely familiar with tools of Microsoft office for budget management, presentation development and project reporting.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.